The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 Utica Comets Thread

I like Lind, but the fact they’re already trying to force him into the centre position makes me think they either want to trade him or they have no intention of sending Gaudette down..  Maybe I’m wrong and he’ll be the answer to Utica’s centre problem.  To get a top notch centre prospect will take more than Lind though.  What would it take to pry Glass out of Vegas?  Tanented centres are hard to find.  

• Wat 1

5 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol so which forwards and d-men from last year didnt make it?

If I’m Benning it would be Eriksson, Gagner and Granlund.  But with Pettersson and Dahlen I don’t see Eriksson being moved anymore.  The battle will be between Goldobin and Granlund.  So 2 of those 3 I expect will be moved.  On Defence Hutton and Biega should be traded or bought out to make room for Hughes and Juolevi.  

12 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

http://pmd.sportsnet650.ca/audio_on_demand/kole-lind-with-shah-and-batchelor-cc-20180704-Interview.mp3.  Skip to 3:14. That’s where it’s relieved that the Canucks have approached Lind with the possibility of playing centre.  

Interesting.

I would think that with the injuries the Canucks have year after year they just want their players to be as versatile as possible. It's probably his best chance of getting a call up sooner.

Kind of like they have guys like Gaunce, Granlund, and Gagner all play center at times throughout the year.

As has been discussed here previously Lind is a very versatile player who can play all three forward positions.  I don't see anyone forcing Lind to play center as he is happy to play wherever they have a spot.  But being a defensively responsible player, being strong on the puck and good at faceoffs it is logical he would get some looks at center.  Even if that is just enough that he play as the center on a PK pair (as he often did in Kelowna).  Or if that is 5 on 5.  He is a good puck handler and play driver.  I see this as part of his game.  

But I see this as something Dahlen can do as well.  

7 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

http://pmd.sportsnet650.ca/audio_on_demand/kole-lind-with-shah-and-batchelor-cc-20180704-Interview.mp3.  Skip to 3:14. That’s where it’s relieved that the Canucks have approached Lind with the possibility of playing centre.  

Very interesting. The question ( statement ), however, is extremely badly constructed. It becomes a two part question and KL ends up not really confirming or denying the move to centre statement. The fact that he doesn't deny it, makes it interesting.

10 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

If I’m Benning it would be Eriksson, Gagner and Granlund.  But with Pettersson and Dahlen I don’t see Eriksson being moved anymore.  The battle will be between Goldobin and Granlund.  So 2 of those 3 I expect will be moved.  On Defence Hutton and Biega should be traded or bought out to make room for Hughes and Juolevi.  

IN brackets, term left in contract)

So for forwards, its 2 out of Granlund (1), Gagner (2) and Goldobin (1)

Out of defence its Hutton (1) and Biega (2)?

All these players have 1 or 2 years left on their contracts

We just resigned the follwing below so I dont think they'll get cut this year?

Biega to a 2 year contract

Granlund to a 1 year

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

IN brackets, term left in contract)

So for forwards, its 2 out of Granlund (1), Gagner (2) and Goldobin (1)

Out of defence its Hutton (1) and Biega (2)?

All these players have 1 or 2 years left on their contracts

We just resigned the follwing below so I dont think they'll get cut this year?

Biega to a 2 year contract

Granlund to a 1 year

Haha. No.  I meant 2 out of Granlund Gangner and Goldobin. The 3 G’s.  Hutton and Biega Out because they had such horrible seasons and it’s time to give the back end a new look with some fresher legs.  

Edited by Pure961089
  • Wat 1

I don't see why people are devaluing Granlund. IMO, he's ahead of all the other G's (Goldy, Gaudette, Gagner, Gaunce). He's had a 19 goal season under his belt, he checks, he PKs, he has good speed and good DNA. His brother took years to crack the top 25,

And he's better than Leipsic, who many have placed on the Canuck roster already.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

I don't see why people are devaluing Granlund. IMO, he's ahead of all the other G's (Goldy, Gaudette, Gagner, Gaunce). He's had a 19 goal season under his belt, he checks, he PKs, he has good speed and good DNA. His brother took years to crack the top 25,

And he's better than Leipsic, who many have placed on the Canuck roster already.

Granlund is obviously better than Goldy...especially at playing defensively.

Granlund is more experienced than Gaudette so he should be better...but who knows if that would be the case at years end if Gaudette made the big club.

Gagner had twice the ppg over Granlund last year and plays as well defensively (almost??).

And Gaunce is just an offensive blackhole (maybe he can improve - but he is 24).

I don't know if anyone is devaluing Granlund but he is just one of our plethora of middling players. Some are interchangeable. Somebody really needs to stand out in camp to make the team imo. And we need to trade some of these middling players imo.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

The talents there’s but his effort wasn’t on a lot of nights IMO

40 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Comets adding more depth.  

Note - Reid Gardiner was invited to the Canucks 2015 prospects camp and earned himself a Youngstars tourney invite.

Nice.

He also played with Lind two seasons ago in Kelowna. Hopefully they have some chemistry.

Edited by DeNiro

4 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Comets adding more depth.  

Note - Reid Gardiner was invited to the Canucks 2015 prospects camp and earned himself a Youngstars tourney invite.

I do not know why they felt they needed another winger though.  

10 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

I do not know why they felt they needed another winger though.  

Ryan Johnson doesn't want to acquire so many PTO contracts like they did this past season.  So they are signing players to play in the ECHL and call them up when injuries arise or when they need extra bodies.

With the overwhelming glut of players in both the Canucks and Comets depth chart, we are likely to see even some of our prominent prospects sent down to Kalamazoo (if we reup with them).

Forwards signed to Comets contracts (not vancouver property)

LW/C - Carter Bancks

C- Wacey Hamilton

W - Reid Gardiner

W - Tanner MacMaster

W- Brendan Bradley

C - Cam Darcy

W - Vincent Arseneau