The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour - Kypreos) If Tavares chooses Toronto, chances are Nylander lands in Vancouver for Tanev

Xbox

21 minutes ago, Vanisleryan said:

Tanev has a great cap hit and you think we should've retain 50% and add another piece?? 

How about if nobody blows our socks off with a deal we just cant refuse, we just keep Tanev. Other teams need him more than we need to trade him. 

When you consider Tanev’s age Nylander’s age, tanev’s injury history, the length of team control and nylander’s point production at 22 yes it is fair.

Tanev does have a team friendly cap hit but that 2.23 million in cap space would help Toronto a lot more than it will hurt vancouver.  We won’t need that cap space within the next two years so it’s a perfect thing to include in a deal. 

If tanev doesnt get traded and signs with another team in 2 years that’s the worse possible scenario and he will be pretty old by the time are young guys are in their prime so we for sure should get Nylander if possible.

the other piece we’re adding are borderline top 6 wingers which are easily replaced. 

Just now, brian42 said:

When you consider Tanev’s age Nylander’s age, tanev’s injury history, the length of team control and nylander’s point production at 22 yes it is fair.

Tanev does have a team friendly cap hit but that 2.23 million in cap space would help Toronto a lot more than it will hurt vancouver.  We won’t need that cap space within the next two years so it’s a perfect thing to include in a deal. 

If tanev doesnt get traded and signs with another team in 2 years that’s the worse possible scenario and he will be pretty old by the time are young guys are in their prime so we for sure should get Nylander if possible.

the other piece were adding are borderline top 6 wingers which are easily replaced. 

People are sleeping on Nylander because he's a leaf. Kids legit, back to back 20 goal, 61 point seasons. 

1 hour ago, cdubuya said:

Am I not allowed to call you out on your silly posts? Just cause this is a canucks board doesn't mean you have to the right to not get called on being a homer/troll.

Homer yes.  Trolling no.  Considering this is a Canuck’s board, and you are promoting Leaf’s players, while downgrading our players, doesn’t that make you the one looking to “stir the pot”?

Regardless, I seriously doubt JB has any interest in Willie or Timmy.

4 minutes ago, brian42 said:

the other piece were adding are borderline top 6 wingers which are easily replaced. 

I get your point about the retention but I would comsider that the add then...no need to add more. 

If we did move Tanev we will need to find a steady stay at home Dman to replace him somewhat... Dont want our boys to get lit up on a daily basis like the fricken Oilers. 

4 minutes ago, Vanisleryan said:

I get your point about the retention but I would comsider that the add then...no need to add more. 

If we did move Tanev we will need to find a steady stay at home Dman to replace him somewhat... Dont want our boys to get lit up on a daily basis like the fricken Oilers. 

We would have to focus on our right side defense after the deal but well worth it. 

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm not a huge Nylander fan but it would be a huge return for Tanev. I can't see that happening unless we add pieces to the deal that we shouldn't.

So you are not a fan of Nylander, but would still add to Tanev to get him?  You do realize it’s bedn pointed out on CDC several times that Tanev is the best in the league at what he does, right?  Why don’t we keep him to play with Hughes? 

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So you are not a fan of Nylander, but would still add to Tanev to get him?  You do realize it’s bedn pointed out on CDC several times that Tanev is the best in the league at what he does, right?  Why don’t we keep him to play with Hughes? 

Uhhhh. I would add a bit to Tanev to get Nylander, b/c he is young and would make our team alot better. But I wouldn't add anything huge. I agree keeping Tanev would be beneficial to both Juolevi and Hughes. But Nylander is a clear T6F & a young asset we can control while Tanev is trending the opposite way. From a rebuilding standpoint, the swap makes a ton of sense, but if the Leafs are wanting us to throw Juolevi in to make the deal for Nylander work then hell no to that. I don't disagree with what your saying. I don't think this rumour is all that realistic anyways.

2 hours ago, zzbottom said:

Not to mention Tanev alone would be a laughable swap for Marner. 

True, it wouldn’t happen. I don’t think they are as attached to Nylander. 

But if T.O. Does get Tavares it will also put them into a bind in two different ways. TO is the weakest party pitching Tavares. They have a weak defence that Tanev is a great fit in. And a great cap hit. And a local guy. 

The other side is Tavares will put them in a big pinch in terms of cap space. Signing Marleau could cost them Nylander. Always though the Marleau signing was shortsighted and premature. 

Tanev (50% retained), Granlund &

Goldobin

Nylander

2019 2nd

Toronto gets the RHD, cap relief, 2 way C/W depth and an exciting offensive prospect

Vancouver gets more young, Swede skill, a high 2nd for Jim at next year’s draft in Vancouver, and… yes, a very punchable face. 

11 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Because the point is they are trying to clear Cap Space.

Liljegren is under $1 million, is only 19. 

Tanev is 28, costs $4.45 million in capspace. 

Would you trade Hughes for a 28 year old oft injured defensemen, just because Hughes hasn't played a game in the NHL?

Did you just equate Liljegren with Hughes?

On 6/29/2018 at 2:16 PM, oldnews said:

I think the Toronto hockey media is actually even dumber than Vancouver's.

Key difference being, the TO media endlessly pumps the tires of the team, management, and players, whereas the Van media endlessly derides, belittles, and ridicules the team, players, and management.  TO media overrates and overvalues their players, Van media considers nearly every Canuck player worthless.

3 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Key difference being, the TO media endlessly pumps the tires of the team, management, and players, whereas the Van media endlessly derides, belittles, and ridicules the team, players, and management.  TO media overrates and overvalues their players, Van media considers nearly every Canuck player worthless.

This

10 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Would you trade Liljegren straight up for Hughes?

No, but both haven't had a good look at the NHL level, and both are young. 

I'm just not understanding the rationale of why Toronto would trade for Tanev, who gets injured a lot. 

When you have a cheap, and yes unproven prospect already on your team. 

If you are going to move Nylander, I'd figure you'd get a better return than Tanev as a 1 for 1 move. That's all I'm saying. 

Unless of course Toronto's GM is just like Edmonton's GM, and you're saying we're getting a Taylor Hall v.2.0 move. 

14 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

1040 lost broadcast rights because of this . They are morons . I agree . Glad the Canucks moved to a different station. I've been switching over to sportsnet more and more . Pratt has single handedly chased me away from 1040. 

Archived