The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tim Schaller | #59 | C

-SN-

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

1.9 mil for 2 years, disgusting is overreacting. 

I'd like Schaller to be put on waivers tomorrow. Maybe someone will pick him up, or if not he's much easier to trade between noon and 3pm on monday if he clears. I do think some team out east might pick him up for a 6th or 7th round pick in that circumstance. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd like Schaller to be put on waivers tomorrow. Maybe someone will pick him up, or if not he's much easier to trade between noon and 3pm on monday if he clears. I do think some team out east might pick him up for a 6th or 7th round pick in that circumstance. 

He's a serviceable player, just not fitting in here for whatever reason. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

He definitely still has value, but it is low for sure. If he passes through he'd be easier to trade for sure and probably for about what you've suggested.

5 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He definitely still has value, but it is low for sure. If he passes through he'd be easier to trade for sure and probably for about what you've suggested.

that would be ideal for everyone imo, he's not a garbage player, just not fitting in here as others have noted. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

1.9 mil for 2 years, disgusting is overreacting. 

My value judgement.  I call it disgusting when you can insert a guy from the Comets like Gaunce (who isn’t anything special) and yet it would be an upgrade.  A replacement level 4th line winger should never be given term.  Waste of a contract slot.

10 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

My value judgement.  I call it disgusting when you can insert a guy from the Comets like Gaunce (who isn’t anything special) and yet it would be an upgrade.  A replacement level 4th line winger should never be given term.  Waste of a contract slot.

Agree to disagree then. 

Also Gaunce didn't outplay Schaller in the preseason when he had the chance, so at the start of the season he wasn't an upgrade on Schaller. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Agree to disagree then. 

Also Gaunce didn't outplay Schaller in the preseason when he had the chance, so at the start of the season he wasn't an upgrade on Schaller. 

Gaunce, in three NHL games has more goals than Schaller.  If you can’t outscore an offensive black hole like Gaunce, you better be elite defensively.   Gaunce is one of our better forwards on the Comets this season so he deserves a call up (my opinion).  You reward guys that still have some upside for that.  Send down the guy that has been essentially coasting during the regular season (we already have Ericsson handling that role, don’t need two guys like that).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Gaunce, in three NHL games has more goals than Schaller.  If you can’t outscore an offensive black hole like Gaunce, you better be elite defensively.   Gaunce is one of our better forwards on the Comets this season so he deserves a call up (my opinion).  You reward guys that still have some upside for that.  Send down the guy that has been essentially coasting during the regular season (we already have Ericsson handling that role, don’t need two guys like that).

I don't entirely disagree, however in the preseason Gaunce was very underwhelming. He didn't outperform Schaller then, he has since played really strong in Utica though. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

In the end I think Benning tries to find a trade for Schaller he is an NHL player just not a fit here. 

Yeah, If you are not going to play a guy on your NHL team and he doesn't have a 2 way contract to use him on your farm team, I don't see the value of having him on your team, 

It is not the like Canucks have an elite team, so where does he fit in the NHL?

At first I thought the 1 way ticket hurts him, but I am sure he would rather make NHL money doing nothing than AHL money riding the bus

But this would be his last 1 way contract I am sure

1 minute ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Yeah, If you are not going to play a guy on your NHL team and he doesn't have a 2 way contract to use him on your farm team, I don't see the value of having him on your team, 

It is not the like Canucks have an elite team, so where does he fit in the NHL?

At first I thought the 1 way ticket hurts him, but I am sure he would rather make NHL money doing nothing than AHL money riding the bus

But this would be his last 1 way contract I am sure

His style fits on teams like Philly, Pittsburgh, LA, St. Louis, Vegas etc. 

On 8/25/2018 at 5:59 AM, SingleThorn said:

Thanks to @CRAZY_4_NAZZY for the article. Have to admit, I've probably seen Schaller at least 4 times on TV, but was totally unaware of him until he signed with us. Went to HockeyDB expecting to see a primo AHL stat sheet. He is one of the many 'must see' players that I'll be keeping an eye on at training camp ( or early season ).

Sorry to quote myself, but, at the start of this season, I was enthusiastic about this unnoticed player with the impressive stats. There has to be some unreported reason for this disaster of a season ! At the time, I believed he was the 'safest' of the 3 UFA signings. Will he be better at our next training camp ? Hope springs eternal, but Schaller's poor performance defies logic. What the heck happened ?

On 2/23/2019 at 1:02 PM, canuck73_3 said:

In the end I think Benning tries to find a trade for Schaller he is an NHL player just not a fit here. 

Benning couldn't give him away at the tdl, if not then, when?

Disrespecting Jim's faith, he's proven less effective than Eriksson!

Something once thought impossible.

His NHL days are over.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

Sorry to quote myself, but, at the start of this season, I was enthusiastic about this unnoticed player with the impressive stats. There has to be some unreported reason for this disaster of a season ! At the time, I believed he was the 'safest' of the 3 UFA signings. Will he be better at our next training camp ? Hope springs eternal, but Schaller's poor performance defies logic. What the heck happened ?

I don't see how he could be any safer than Beagle.  Course I also felt Rousell would've been the far worse of the FA signings at the start of the year, so what the **** do I know?:P

Without salary retention, even if Chiapet was still GM of the Oilers, no GM is going to want Schaller unless a crap salary was coming back.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan