The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tim Schaller | #59 | C

-SN-

On 4/24/2019 at 11:47 PM, Captain Canuck #12 said:

It wasn't people who said that Schaller had a poor season, it was Travis Green.  And he said this by not playing him for the majority of the season, even sometimes when he had no other option but to call up another forward from Utica.  This was until the last few games of the season, when Green suddenly seemed to see something in Schaller's play that he liked.

Schaller has either “recovered” from something or re-addressed his game in the off season.

Its bewildering that a  player with Erikssons resume can not do the same.

Absolutley loving Schallers energy with the Canucks,  like what Alex Biegga brought for us, it all rubs off on the shoulders you play with.

• Upvote 2

On 10/23/2019 at 6:55 AM, Boudrias said:

Pasted to the bench last year and now look at him. Maybe there is hope for LE yet? :) 

Unfortunately, I don't think so.  LE isn't skilled enough to take a top 6 spot on this team andjust doesn't have any of  the qualities that Green wants in his bottom 6 forwards, like size, strength, grit or tenacity.  It's because Schaller does have these qualities, and is finally showing them pretty well this year, that he's back in the lineup.

• Cheers 2

22 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Schaller has either “recovered” from something or re-addressed his game in the off season.

Its bewildering that a  player with Erikssons resume can not do the same.

Absolutley loving Schallers energy with the Canucks,  like what Alex Biegga brought for us, it all rubs off on the shoulders you play with.

I don;t want to spin this into a coach thread, but when Schaller arrived last year people had him penciled as the "Ferland" for Petey then Bo's winger then Sutter ' s then Beagle's then the press box. This year i noted that Green played 3 pairs of forwards this preseason, Pete/ Brock, Bo/Pearson and Beagle/ Schaller.  After preseaon and 9 regular season games Beagle and Schaller are still together. The RW spot rotated until Motte returned and has been stable since. People talk about players ability to "play up and down" the line up, L + Rw , F + D, I think it is safe to say Tim Schaller is not one of those guys. BUT give him a stable line and a role to play within his skill set and Tim Schaller  will fill that role.

I am always slow with accolades for the coach, but Green has offered stability to Schaller and been rewarded. 

Edited by lmm
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, lmm said:

I don;t want to spin this into a coach thread, but when Schaller arrived last year people had him penciled as the "Ferland" for Petey then Bo's winger then Sutter ' s then Beagle's then the press box. This year i noted that Green played 3 pairs of forwards this preseason, Pete/ Brock, Bo/Pearson and Beagle/ Schaller.  After preseaon and 9 regular season games Beagle and Schaller are still together. The RW spot rotated until Motte returned and has been stable since. People talk about players ability to "play up and down" the line up, L + Rw , F + D, I think it is safe to say Tim Schaller is not one of those guys. BUT give him a stable line and a role to play within his skill set and Tim Schaller  will fill that role.

I am always slow with accolades for the coach, but Green has offered stability to Schaller and been rewarded. 

I don't remember anyone wanting schaller to play with Petey.  Sounds made up to me...

• Upvote 4

Schaller and Motte are similar players but Schaller is showing a bit more offensive promise lately of course. If he continues this play, solid PK minutes and can chip in offensively from time to time, you can't get a better 4th liner and he'd be far more valuable than any of those Utica top-6 guys in the same role. We don't have many gritty guys who can grind out 10-12 minutes of brutal shot blocking, penalty killing and behind the net grinding and forechecking like our current 4th line so Schaller is surprisingly invaluable for this team.

On 10/25/2019 at 3:26 PM, lmm said:

I don't recall anyone ever saying such a thing about Schaller being on the 1st line. No one even knew what Pettersson would have been capable of at that point as he was a rookie.

Sorry dude, but I think your memory might be a little.... off....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, The Lock said:

I don't recall anyone ever saying such a thing about Schaller being on the 1st line. No one even knew what Pettersson would have been capable of at that point as he was a rookie.

Sorry dude, but I think your memory might be a little.... off....

good point maybe I am remembering a time when Bo's line was pencilled in as the top line.

anyway my point was that people expected toomuch from Schaller

• Cheers 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Schaller leaves the organization in 272nd place in all-time Canuck scoring.  Heh, most of his stat comparables played defense, so had to search further than usual for forward ones.

245.  Tanner Glass LW 140 7 14 21
272.  Tim Schaller C 98 8 8 16
297.  Josh Green C 90 6 7 13
  • Cheers 1