The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I Dreamt I met Kyle Dubas!!

Kanukfanatic

First off, I want to make it clear I, in no way, condone violence in our society.

However, the other night I had a dream where I met Kyle Dubas.  I was walking down a dark alley in Vancouver after watching a Canucks / Maple Leafs game. Toronto beat us 12-1. Tavares had 4 goals, Matthews had 4 goals, Kadri had 1 goal, and Tanev had 3 goals. It was Tanev's 78th game of the year. Gaunce got the only Canuck goal. Demko was shell shocked after the game.

Anyway, in this dream, as I walked down the alley towards Dubas he had some thick black rimmed glasses on (no one in real life even wears those right??).

I had my Canucks jersey on (43).

As Dubas got close to me he smiled at me with this creepy arse thin lipped smile. Like a dog, I think he could feel my unease with the situation. He pulled out a tiny black marker and offered to sign my jersey.

I snapped. When he got within 3 feet of me, out of nowhere, I throat kicked him like a modern day Bruce Lee. I am not very flexible but luckily I did not have to kick up very high. Dubas crumpled as I looked around to see if anyone saw this. No one had.

Normally in this type of situation you would think I would run. However, I coldly looked down and saw those ugly black glasses were broken in two. In this weird dream I became calm. I reached down and took the glasses. For some reason I had white tape in my pocket. I fixed the glasses with the white tape and put them on - that is when I realized they were just rims - there was no glass in them!!?? 

I then took a ring off his finger and noted it was an official 2019 Stanley Cup Ring already verified as real by some guy named Bettman. It was weird cuz it was only April.

Anyway, I just walked away feeling better than I had after watching the Canucks lose the game.

Quite a chilling dream. 

I want to stress once again, I in no way condone violence in our society.

I saw John Tavares at a grocery store in Toronto yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I really don't get the Kyle Dubas hate. Is it just the Toronto thing?

I just can't seem to understand anyone hating Dubas. He honestly seems like a good egg to me.

And I have a tonne of respect for the work he's put in to get where he is, and at such an early age.

I also kind of like his glasses. Used to own a similar pair myself a few years back.

15 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I just can't seem to understand anyone hating Dubas. He honestly seems like a good egg to me.

And I have a tonne of respect for the work he's put in to get where he is, and at such an early age.

I also kind of like his glasses. Used to own a similar pair myself a few years back.

Sid, your analysis of players and team needs is always spot on.

But you're in the wrong thread. Toronto hate goes without saying. (Yes, Dubas is a bright up and comer in the management world. Smart, cunning and all that. But &^@# him and his $&!#ty team.)

22 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yes. I actually love what he represents. He proves that non-hockey playing nerds can rise up to the top of the hockey food chain with smarts and hard work.

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

First off, I want to make it clear I, in no way, condone violence in our society.

However, the other night I had a dream where I met Kyle Dubas.  I was walking down a dark alley in Vancouver after watching a Canucks / Maple Leafs game. Toronto beat us 12-1. Tavares had 4 goals, Matthews had 4 goals, Kadri had 1 goal, and Tanev had 3 goals. It was Tanev's 78th game of the year. Gaunce got the only Canuck goal. Demko was shell shocked after the game.

Anyway, in this dream, as I walked down the alley towards Dubas he had some thick black rimmed glasses on (no one in real life even wears those right??).

I had my Canucks jersey on (43).

As Dubas got close to me he smiled at me with this creepy arse thin lipped smile. Like a dog, I think he could feel my unease with the situation. He pulled out a tiny black marker and offered to sign my jersey.

I snapped. When he got within 3 feet of me, out of nowhere, I throat kicked him like a modern day Bruce Lee. I am not very flexible but luckily I did not have to kick up very high. Dubas crumpled as I looked around to see if anyone saw this. No one had.

Normally in this type of situation you would think I would run. However, I coldly looked down and saw those ugly black glasses were broken in two. In this weird dream I became calm. I reached down and took the glasses. For some reason I had white tape in my pocket. I fixed the glasses with the white tape and put them on - that is when I realized they were just rims - there was no glass in them!!?? 

I then took a ring off his finger and noted it was an official 2019 Stanley Cup Ring already verified as real by some guy named Bettman. It was weird cuz it was only April.

Anyway, I just walked away feeling better than I had after watching the Canucks lose the game.

Quite a chilling dream. 

I want to stress once again, I in no way condone violence in our society.

Actually I am a professional dream interpreter.

Dreaming about the maple leafs signifies new found happiness in your life. The fact that they beat your favourite team means that in order for this happiness to fully manifest itself something that used to bring you joy must be let go of.

The glasses in your dream allude to you needing clarity to move forward with your new found happiness, the fact that the glasses were broken means that you believe on some level perfect clarity is not possible. When you realize the glasses have no lenses that signifies that  ultimately you know that perfect clarity is unachievable and therefore not actually necessary.

Taking of the ring symbolizes your commitment to take control of your emotions and life in general. The ring being a circle means that you are now back to a point of doing this even though it was something that you attempted to do in the past. The fact that you felt better as you walked away with the ring indicates that you are confident that this time you will see the actions necessary through to completion.

Dreaming of Dubas always indicates that you are secretly attracted to men and the fact that he is the object of your violence means that this way of life for you is not something you are yet willing to let people know about. 

28 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Yes. I actually love what he represents. He proves that non-hockey playing nerds can rise up to the top of the hockey food chain with smarts and hard work.

Stick boy for the Souix to GM of the worst team in hockey.

Zero progress 

30 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Actually I am a professional dream interpreter.

Dreaming about the maple leafs signifies new found happiness in your life. The fact that they beat your favourite team means that in order for this happiness to fully manifest itself something that used to bring you joy must be let go of.

The glasses in your dream allude to you needing clarity to move forward with your new found happiness, the fact that the glasses were broken means that you believe on some level perfect clarity is not possible. When you realize the glasses have no lenses that signifies that  ultimately you know that perfect clarity is unachievable and therefore not actually necessary.

Taking of the ring symbolizes your commitment to take control of your emotions and life in general. The ring being a circle means that you are now back to a point of doing this even though it was something that you attempted to do in the past. The fact that you felt better as you walked away with the ring indicates that you are confident that this time you will see the actions necessary through to completion.

Dreaming of Dubas always indicates that you are secretly attracted to men and the fact that he is the object of your violence means that this way of life for you is not something you are yet willing to let people know about. 

Gulp. 

A closet leafs fan on our boards?!

Imagine being Tavares in that press conference and having to be all like "damn, Kyle Dubas, you &^@#in' smart, all shrewd with your analytics and horrific androgynous monster glasses. I would totally sign with you, both my agency and the real me." when all he really wants to do is another dynamic warmup in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Tavares and not only sit in that chair while Kyle Dubas flaunts his disgusting spreadsheets in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing his disgusting spectacles and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while he perfected that grimace. Not only having to tolerate his monstrous &^@#ing visage but his haughty attitude as everyone on board tells him he’s STILL GOT IT and DAMN, KYLE DUBAS SIGNS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his boyish &^@#ing gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been scoring nothing but a healthy diet of secondary assists and powerplay goals  for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Mississauga. You've never even seen anything this &^@#ing disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on his dimpled face as he sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in his "cutting-edge(for that is what he calls himself)" analytics, the analytics he worked so hard for with more experienced hockey minds in the previous months. And then the media calls for another comment, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're &^@#ing John Tavares. You're not going to lose your future hockey career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Archived