The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Ottawa-Vancouver

Provost

Outlandish!..Cdn teams are farm-feeders for the Orwellian(more equals)..down south. Gotta face it.

Sports fans hate when you tell them a deck is rigged..I know.

So many calories spent, waiting & hoping. $ squandered on merch & tix.

There'll prob never be a Stanley Cup parade in a Cdn city ever again. Not if the BOG(big players) & sneaky, thieving lawyer get their way.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I have zero interest in Duchene.  I’ve never like him as a center.

i really like Stone though.

Why do we need another top 6 RW? We're in no position to bring in a guy of his calibre when we have Jake dying to prove himself and a few kids waiting in the "wing".

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Why do we need another top 6 RW? We're in no position to bring in a guy of his calibre when we have Jake dying to prove himself and a few kids waiting in the "wing".

That’s a really good point, about Jake.  I still like Stone, but (you’re right) now is not the time to add him.  

9 hours ago, Provost said:

Stone and Duchene 

for

Gagner, Granlund, Del Zotto, Biega

Afer today no one is legally permitted to flame anyone for posting ridiculous Ottawa trades.

:)

I think we will have to add in a 2nd and 2027 1st round pick if we make it to the cup final that year. Melnyk seems to like imaginary 1sts.

15 hours ago, Provost said:

Stone and Duchene 

for

Gagner, Granlund, Del Zotto, Biega

Afer today no one is legally permitted to flame anyone for posting ridiculous Ottawa trades.

:)

You know, I doubt this happens as once someone has been violated, they don't typically look to get violated again so quickly.

49 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You know, I doubt this happens as once someone has been violated, they don't typically look to get violated again so quickly.

.... and yet Dorion traded with Wilson right after getting violated by the Hoffman deal.

We aren’t looking at someone typical.

11 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I have a feeling there's going to be a wave of Vancouver - Ottawa proposals coming due to the fact that Dorion and Melnyk are clinically insane.

Wouldn't be logical though.  They are trying to hoard draft picks and prospects.  

They are going full tear down with close to no veteran support.  Melnyk says it's not about one or 2 players but the team because they aren't going to win anyway.  He apparently wants to operate at the cap floor.

He says they'll have 10 rookies in their lineup this season - his definition is players with less than 10 NHL games.  He expects it to be 15-16 next season.  He also claims that they have a boatload of draft picks - before the Karlsson trade they only had 1 pick more than the standard 7 per draft.

They believe they received 2 blue chip prospects in Norris and Balcers.  San Jose was missing 2M in cap space so Ottawa had to take some cap - Tierney probably also helps with the Pageau injury.  To carry out Melnyk's plan they'll need a lot of picks and prospects.

43 minutes ago, mll said:

Wouldn't be logical though.  They are trying to hoard draft picks and prospects.  

They are going full tear down with close to no veteran support.  Melnyk says it's not about one or 2 players but the team because they aren't going to win anyway.  He apparently wants to operate at the cap floor.

He says they'll have 10 rookies in their lineup this season - his definition is players with less than 10 NHL games.  He expects it to be 15-16 next season.  He also claims that they have a boatload of draft picks - before the Karlsson trade they only had 1 pick more than the standard 7 per draft.

They believe they received 2 blue chip prospects in Norris and Balcers.  San Jose was missing 2M in cap space so Ottawa had to take some cap - Tierney probably also helps with the Pageau injury.  To carry out Melnyk's plan they'll need a lot of picks and prospects.

The words:

• logical,
  • Ottawa, and 
  • CDC (an acronym, yes...I know) have no place near each other.

Ottawa should have received more for Karlsson. He's going to kill it in San Jose. The Canucks need to outhit and outskate the Sharks to win this year. 

Archived