The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 18 players - Sept. 26, 2018

Poor Anton Rodin, not able to translate his skill into the NHL level.  Some guys are just suited to a different type of hockey than the NHL.

I would have said we should have no interest in any waiver wire fodder this year, but the uninspired play makes me think we should be waiving some of our own guys and replacing them.

13 minutes ago, Provost said:

Poor Anton Rodin, not able to translate his skill into the NHL level.  Some guys are just suited to a different type of hockey than the NHL.

I would have said we should have no interest in any waiver wire fodder this year, but the uninspired play makes me think we should be waiving some of our own guys and replacing them.

...and people were mad last year when we waived him, saying Benning and Co. have no clue etc. etc....<_<

No Canucks?

One game left on Saturday, so I imagine Archibald, Gaudette, Gaunce, Leipsic, Motte, Biega, Juolevi, Pouliot and Demko will be in the lineup against ARI? All of these guys could be headed to Utica after Saturday. EDIT - Well, except for Leipsic and Gaunce, because they require waivers and management might be scared to death sending these juggernauts down, in fear of losing them.  

Looks like the Rodin in the NHL experiment is over.  

32 minutes ago, Provost said:

Waivers September 27th:

Del Zotto 

Hutton

Gagner

Leipsic 

Gaunce

Pouliot

Biega

Eriksson

Granlund

A competitive camp alright... competing for who makes the least case for them being in the NHL.

EDIT:

I forgot Nilsson and Markstrom

Guess we're going with six skaters and no goalie every night then... Demko has not looked ready.  Unless we dress Cloutier and Sanford lol

Take a flyer on Pirri if we're going to waive forwards??  Brock, Bo and Elias will need all the help they can get

Is this the same Goulborne that played for the Kelowna Rockets.  If so, he was one mean kid to play against and would always stand up for his teammates.  Guess Philly with their new scary mascot have enough of these types of characters on their team.  

41 minutes ago, Provost said:

Waivers September 27th:

Del Zotto 

Hutton

Gagner

Leipsic 

Gaunce

Pouliot

Biega

Eriksson

Granlund

A competitive camp alright... competing for who makes the least case for them being in the NHL.

EDIT:

I got all excited for a split second there until I realized it was the 26th....

I thought Hutton has been pretty good so far, compared to last year anyhow. At least he took Greens comments seriously and worked hard this off season., everyone else can go.

1 hour ago, Provost said:

More like he had run into injury problems.  He had the skill/talent to be a NHLer.  Took alot of physical abuse in the AHL as well (a tough league to 'make your bones in').  Reason why we have players such as Guds on the team (so that type of **** doesn't happen on the Canucks to our prospects on the roster).

35 minutes ago, Tyndall2 said:

Is this the same Goulborne that played for the Kelowna Rockets.  If so, he was one mean kid to play against and would always stand up for his teammates.  Guess Philly with their new scary mascot have enough of these types of characters on their team.  

Yup, same guy.

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

I am hoping that San Jose places Tim Heed on waivers and/or St. Louis places Jordan Schmaltz on waivers. Both are RHD and Heed was better than 1 PPG in AHL during 2016/17 season. Heed also had 11 points in 29 games with the Sharks last year.

You might of mentioned some options for us. They probably send them down on the last day tho. So teams have to expose guys without seeing him in the lineup. That would be a deterrent for me as a GM. A free look in the last pre season game would be more comforting.

I like Schmaltz I know nothing about Heed tho other then he has a cool name lol.

1 hour ago, Provost said:

Waivers September 27th:

Del Zotto 

Hutton

Gagner

Leipsic 

Gaunce

Pouliot

Biega

Eriksson

Granlund

EDIT:

I wouldn't cry over any of those guys lol. Granny is the only one I think we can even get a pick for. Biega should probably stay tho always brings it.

I think he deserves a spot in the top 6. If we didn't have such good RHD depth he probably would be in to start.

56 minutes ago, InTheCrease said:

I got all excited for a split second there until I realized it was the 26th....

I thought Hutton has been pretty good so far, compared to last year anyhow. At least he took Greens comments seriously and worked hard this off season., everyone else can go.

You're right.  This pre-season has been brutal: of those not locks, probably Hutton and Motte have been the best, along with Goldobin?  

Gaudette looked motivated, but needs to figure out how to play the faster, closer checking Pro game.  Not Boeser 2.0 of any type whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

I am hoping that San Jose places Tim Heed on waivers and/or St. Louis places Jordan Schmaltz on waivers. Both are RHD and Heed was better than 1 PPG in AHL during 2016/17 season. Heed also had 11 points in 29 games with the Sharks last year.

On a better Canucks team we still managed to add Ryan Stanton that year.  

A player as serviceable as that this year?  We should hope.  D has been very uneven. 

2 hours ago, Provost said:

Sad, but true.

You want the team to take a step forward but still end up with a top 5 pick at the end of the year. Not so sure about the youth but that top 5 pick is looking good.

Archived