The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Oct. 18, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Qwags said:

Was the game so bad that people turned it off? Or is that classic CDC over reaction?

Over reaction...

Canucks were the best team the first 7-8 minutes... and had several chance later on. But Jets deserved their win. 

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

giphy.gif

Seriously... I hope he proves me wrong and doesn't %100 kill all offense whenever he's on the ice but that's all I've seen from him. Can't pass, can't shoot. Amazing skater and tough as nails though...

If Guddy was a Swedish player you know he'd be #1 scapegoat for this team.

Loui is miles better than Guddy in literally every aspect of the game other than hitting/fighting

14 minutes ago, apollo said:

Seriously... I hope he proves me wrong and doesn't %100 kill all offense whenever he's on the ice but that's all I've seen from him. Can't pass, can't shoot. Amazing skater and tough as nails though...

Two of his shots in the offensive zone turned into goals for Hutton and Motte. He's not a black hole like the analytics crowd make him out to be.

If Guddy was a Swedish player you know he'd be #1 scapegoat for this team.

Oh please. That's horse$&!#.

Loui is miles better than Guddy in literally every aspect of the game other than hitting/fighting

That's not even close to being true.

48 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Two of his shots in the offensive zone turned into goals for Hutton and Motte. He's not a black hole like the analytics crowd make him out to be.

Oh please. That's horse$&!#.

That's not even close to being true.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. 

Honestly I hope he has a great year and sticks a foot in my mouth. 

Regardless there's way too much negative heat on Loui. If people wana get mad they should be angry at his agent or jim for the contract 

I agree he's overpaid... At the time of the signing I thought Jim did the right thing. I'd feel a lot better if Loui was earning sutter money 

5 hours ago, riffraff said:

I saw a few turnovers..... like the ones everybody else makes.

to me, on a tired team, with brock struggling to complete a pass he was one of  the only players capable of making offense happen.  He was a key in setting up in the offensive zone at times, backchecked conitinuously and even cleared the crease one time.

to judge him like that playing on a tired team and no doubt tired himself is not right.  You even said to swap him with Schaller.  With that statement, you through your cred out the window.

i like schaller. I’ve posted numerous times even saying he is a guy you win with but putting him on the second line is a joke.  He has had clean shot opps in the last few games and wiffed on all of them.

You are overeating to an idea. "loosing credibility" by trying something is a ridiculous comment.  Schaller made some nice passes and protects the puck well.  The Boeser line is about getting the puck to Boeser in scoring areas.  That's it....I am not saying by any means that Schaller is a 100% going to be a 2nd line player or that he is better offensively than Goldobin.  Kevin Stevens scored 50 goals with Mario Lemiuex.  He wasn't a very talented hockey player.  Chemistry and the right fit is as or more important than talent sometimes.  Goldobin plays the game too fast for Boeser.  Boeser is a half court kind of guy.  Having a player who can get the puck to him in tight situations versus off the rush is a better fit in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, apollo said:

Honestly I'm more of a fan on the Loui contract than the Guddy one.

1 hour ago, apollo said:

51 minutes ago, apollo said:

How 'bout popping a Snickers and calling it even.

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Regardless there's way too much negative heat on Loui. If people wana get mad they should be angry at his agent or jim for the contract 

I agree he's overpaid... At the time of the signing I thought Jim did the right thing. I'd feel a lot better if Loui was earning sutter money 

I hear you, apollo. We both want what's best for the team. Hopefully both Eriksson and Gudbranson have career years. Best of both worlds. 

Cup or bust, baby!!!!

6 hours ago, aGENT said:

While I will agree that some of the fan base do certainly overrate him as some sort of second coming... but he's shown he can certainly play at a bottom 4 level and certainly has higher upside than that (whether that actually gets realized is yet TBD).

Would love tyo see something like this next year:

Edler, Hughes

Juolevi, Gudbranson

Tryamkin, Stecher

*Tanev moved for futures

I’d much prefer moving Edler, as Tanev is younger, but would probably bring back more in return so I understand your thinking. Hughes with Gudbranson could be a great fit as their size and skill set could complement each other well... Gudbranson could play a simple, stay at home game and Hughes couldnwork his magic. 

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Eriksson is being paid 6 million dollars. That’s low-end top line money. For what? He doesn’t score, he doesn’t forecheck hard. He plays a good two-way game, doesn’t make a lot of mistakes, but the Loui of 30 goals I think is long gone. 

Gudbranson, at his best in a proper role, plays a simple game, is a deterrent, and hits like a truck. That’s what he’s paid to do. 

All in all, I have a way bigger issue with Eriksson’s contract, by a long shot. 

7 minutes ago, GreyHatnDart said:

I’d much prefer moving Edler, as Tanev is younger, but would probably bring back more in return so I understand your thinking. Hughes with Gudbranson could be a great fit as their size and skill set could complement each other well... Gudbranson could play a simple, stay at home game and Hughes couldnwork his magic. 

I’d much prefer moving Gudbranson, as both Tanev and Edler are much better players that actually play solid all around defence and make better reads. 

Gudbranson is a bottom pairing  defender. You don’t  pair a guy like him with a offensive minded player like Hughes who will make lots of high risk plays with high probability of turnovers. 

30 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

I’d much prefer moving Gudbranson, as both Tanev and Edler are much better players that actually play solid all around defence and make better reads. 

Gudbranson is a bottom pairing  defender. You don’t  pair a guy like him with a offensive minded player like Hughes who will make lots of high risk plays with high probability of turnovers. 

It’s comments like these that always make me laugh. There’s not a single team in the entire NHL that has top line quality players in their bottom pairing. Gudbranson is a 5-6 on a great team. He’s the 4th with a weak team. 

If he’s staying deep, it allows coverage for Hughes to rush. It makes sense. 

51 minutes ago, GreyHatnDart said:

It’s comments like these that always make me laugh. There’s not a single team in the entire NHL that has top line quality players in their bottom pairing. Gudbranson is a 5-6 on a great team. He’s the 4th with a weak team. 

If he’s staying deep, it allows coverage for Hughes to rush. It makes sense. 

The fact that you think he’s a 4th in any context is what I find laughable. He’s a bottom pairing d that should be getting bottom pairing minutes regardless of the quality of the team he plays on. 

He is not able to make good reads on the defensive side  and that by itself is why he’d be the most incompatible partner for a smart, dynamic, and high risk player like Hughes.

Archived