The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

HOW TO MAN HANDLE BRUINS

hockeygod77

Going to need buddy hutton rouse virtanen schiller etc to really step it up for this game..for years the bruins have taken advantage of the canucks....these bruins can be beaten if the canucks win the dirty areas and play smart sound hockey...i think if they can come up with a good game plan they can make the bruins unravel..these are type of games they need orca power..lots of shots finish your checks and dont take bad penalties...make them pay and when the time is rite settle any cheap shots that occur....the canucks will need to be emotional involved if they want the result as a win....... need someone to get on marchand and get under his skin ..dont back down but be smart..you need to take high shots when  Chara is on the ice..that will make him think and rebounds will result for open forwards.

You obviously haven't watched any Bruins hockey in the last three years.

In Saturday's game the Canucks are gonna have to skate to keep up with the Bruins, shut down their first line and capitalize on chances because they know how to close.

59 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

Going to need buddy hutton rouse virtanen schiller etc to really step it up for this game..for years the bruins have taken advantage of the canucks....these bruins can be beaten if the canucks win the dirty areas and play smart sound hockey...i think if they can come up with a good game plan they can make the bruins unravel..these are type of games they need orca power..lots of shots finish your checks and dont take bad penalties...make them pay and when the time is rite settle any cheap shots that occur....the canucks will need to be emotional involved if they want the result as a win....... need someone to get on marchand and get under his skin ..dont back down but be smart..you need to take high shots when  Chara is on the ice..that will make him think and rebounds will result for open forwards.

ANOTHER CULL THREAD. IF WE SHOOT HIGH AT THEIR PLAYERS THEN IT'S JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THEY DO THE SAME TO OUR PLAYERS. WE NEED TO OUT-SKATE AND OUT-WORK THEM. CULLS ANYWAY!!! :lol:

Meh.

I don’t really care.  

Canucks/Bruins isn’t a thing anymore, outside of some Vancouver media and a number of Canuck fans that haven’t gotten over the Cup loss from over 7 years ago.

I personally got over the Canucks cup loss in 2014 when the Seahawks won the Super Bowl.  My favourite NBA team (Heat), combined with the BC Lions winning the Grey Cup, and the Canucks winning the Presidents Trophy In 2012 While also defeating Boston in that revenge game earlier that year, also helped me chip away at the 2011 loss.

I’m not sure what exact purpose of my post is here....other than to say I feel really bad for any Canucks fan that is still thinking about that Cup loss.  I wish I could help you guys.

2011 was still a great year for us.  A slightly injured Bruins team proved that they were better than a severely injured Canucks team.  Great memories overall, but maybe 2024-2025 will be even better. ;)

My hope for the games against the Bruins is that we collect the two points and move on.  Manhandling Boston doesn’t prove anything.

Archived