The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OFFICAL LA kings-willie D scruitny thread

AV when he left New York threw his team under the bus, instead of saying the right things. Like, I have to learn to keep improving. I have to be less predictable. 

Quennville will get a job way before AV will. 

In fact if I was AV, I'd look at coaching in the Q, or in Switzerland. Try to make some changes to his approach. Try to be more innovative. 

23 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

AV when he left New York threw his team under the bus, instead of saying the right things. Like, I have to learn to keep improving. I have to be less predictable. 

Quennville will get a job way before AV will. 

In fact if I was AV, I'd look at coaching in the Q, or in Switzerland. Try to make some changes to his approach. Try to be more innovative. 

Willie has the King’s playing his sag back and defend our net philosophy.  I see big issues with that style in LA.  It’s boring to watch.  

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

King's weren't exactly playing wide open hockey when they were winning cups. 

They weren’t playing Willie’s sag back to your net water polo style of D either.  I think Willie was hired to Stealth tank.  He’s not aware, but the guy who hired him sure is.  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

They weren’t playing Willie’s sag back to your net water polo style of D either.  I think Willie was hired to Stealth tank.  He’s not aware, but the guy who hired him sure is.  

the first thing Willie did was get lost on the way to the rink :lol: that might end up being highly symbolic. 

Willie's a nice man but as with players some guys just aren't NHL material. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Willie has the King’s playing his sag back and defend our net philosophy.  I see big issues with that style in LA.  It’s boring to watch.  

He's asking them to be more aggressive offensively even if it means sacrificing some defence.

57 minutes ago, mll said:

He's asking them to be more aggressive offensively even if it means sacrificing some defence.

i doubt from what he has said and the minor amount of games they have played he is going to employ the same dog$&!# systems he did in vancouver.  kings are a much bigger and aggressive roster size.  AHL smash em up hockey is what he is calling for

21 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

If they make a huge offer for Demko? What is our return? At the very least next years 1st rounder plus a decent defense or LW prospect.

honestly i would trade demko i dont think he is the goalie everyone thought he would be. marky can be used until dipetro comes of age

22 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

If they make a huge offer for Demko? What is our return? At the very least next years 1st rounder plus a decent defense or LW prospect.

Unless you're Ottawa, you don't give up a first round pick (or an unprotected one anyway) for young goalie help when your trajectory screams "lottery team". Right now the Kings need someone like Chad Johnson or Anders Nilsson; a tweener goalie who will help Budaj hold down the fort until Campbell is back. 

1 hour ago, burrardstreetbullies said:

i doubt from what he has said and the minor amount of games they have played he is going to employ the same dog$&!# systems he did in vancouver.  kings are a much bigger and aggressive roster size.  AHL smash em up hockey is what he is calling for

Well he does love gifting AHL pylons top 6 minutes for no reason.  His system in Vancouver seemed to be never being sober when he was setting the lineup. 

Archived