The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] No hearing for Danick Martel (TB)

Ossi Vaananen

What a puke this guy is. That smirk on his face afterwards, I wish Gudbranson wiped it off. Then Jon Cooper (TB coach) fist-pumps Martel when he gets back to the bench after serving his penalty. Most players who have character would actually be concerned for Stecher. Hoping he's okay, maybe even feeling a little bad for how he got hurt. Not this guy, he doesn't care, and the coach is good with that. Hate 'em,.  

On one end of the character scale you have Boeser, on the other end is Martel.

Id be surprised if this was the first, second,or third time the league has reacted this way whenever a Canucks player gets taken out. This has become the norm. Run our guys, refs either don't call a thing or give a laughable 2min penalty while our guy leaves the game and potentially could be out for weeks or months like baertschi. The league does not and will not protect our players. Glad to see the message has finally hit our team and theyve decided to stand up for themselves. Have not been more proud of the response our team put forth last night in a long long time. Enough is enough. 

Clearly this league has a bone to pick with Vancouver. I hope management and ownership make a stink about this. And I hope Gudbranson breaks Martel in half the next time they meet. If there is one team that I hope loses in the playoffs, it's Tampa and their gutless team.

this is absolute garbage. good ole bettman wants and says concussions are down, due to head shots and yet here again another one is let go.   as a fan I am very disappointed in this league , but Bttman doesn't care about the players or the fans. why bother!!!:picard:

So much for player safety,

Then fans wonder why we complain about unfair calls on our team,because it is obvious we are getting shafted.That hit on Troy S. was a dirty blind-side hit to the head.

If they hit Marner or Mcjesus like that ,they would then call for some safety hearings.Ridiculous!

Archived