The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] MDZ to Ducks for Schenn & 7th round pick

thejazz97

Good trade. 

Defensive depth without risking biega on waivers and still opening a roster spot for pettersson’s return. 

Also means that if one of Edler or Tanev get traded then there is a warm body on the Comets than be called up to be an extra with the Canucks

1 minute ago, naslundfan921 said:

If no salary retained JB just freed up another 2.2 mil in cap space (or whatever that is pro rated). I wonder if this has any significance heading into the deadline. 

yeah, one fewer cheques Aquilini has to sign. 

Good for Del  Z, this trade is almost a favour to move him. 

1 minute ago, naslundfan921 said:

If no salary retained JB just freed up another 2.2 mil in cap space (or whatever that is pro rated). I wonder if this has any significance heading into the deadline. 

Not unless JB goes crazy and gets a high priced rental.  That would be a waste.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Not unless JB goes crazy and gets a high priced rental.  That would be a waste.

Or takes on a bad contract with a year or two remaining from a competitive team looking to shed salary so they can add in another player. Obviously the benefit to this would be to get another pick or prospect in the deal.

3 minutes ago, Monty said:

Or takes on a bad contract with a year or two remaining from a competitive team looking to shed salary so they can add in another player. Obviously the benefit to this would be to get another pick or prospect in the deal.

Unless he can get a first round pick, I hope not.  I'm not a fan of tying up more cap space than needed.

Archived