The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Mike McKenna, Devante Smith-Pelly, Joseph Cramarossa

2 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Philly really screwed us. Lost a 7th and signed a 39 y/o journeyman. Ah well, I'm hoping JB settles scores eventually. 

Over the past 17 drafts we only have 6 NHL games total from all of our 7th round picks combined. Nothing to lose sleep over.

5 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Isn't it the playoffs where there aren't any roster limits?

From NHL.com "The 23-man roster limit is in place from the conclusion of the preseason until 12:01 am on the day of the NHL’s Trade Deadline. After that teams are allowed to have an unlimited active roster at the NHL level, provided players are signed to one of their 50 contract slots."

37 minutes ago, mll said:

LeBrun, Friedman are all saying that they are more players available than buyers.  Schaller also has 1 more year to his deal at a 1.9M cap hit for someone that has been regularly healthy scratched.  

As for contracts isn't it 47.  CapFriendly is down but it looked like they didn't count Leighton because he is marked as UFA with no salary for this season.  Canucks will want to add Hughes.

Yeah I think its 46 now since Leighton's doesn't kick in until next season. So there's temporary room. I do think Schaller might still have a good reputation out east so I'm hoping there's someone wanting him for free, even at 1.9, 1.025 of which would be buried the AHL anyway if he clears and is then traded.

33 minutes ago, Provost said:

I would be shocked if we didn’t move a couple guys as well, lately a warm body/contract usually comes the other way so it is a wash at best for contracts.

DSP isn’t a terrible idea if Benning doesn’t have any irons in the fire at the moment though.

I doubt we're taking any bodies back for the pieces we want to move out. Either picks for the locally hosted draft or perhaps a 2 for 1 deal where we package a couple guys/a B prospect for an upgrade.

42 minutes ago, aGENT said:

DSP probably doesn't make it past EDM sadly. But I'd certainly be putting a claim in.

IMO, we're likely moving Granlund for a middling-late pick at the TDL anyway for those worried about contracts.

I wonder what the market for Granny would really be? wouldn't be opposed to it, but I like him on the team too, a lot of the time anyway. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I wonder what the market for Granny would really be? wouldn't be opposed to it, but I like him on the team too, a lot of the time anyway. 

We don't have room for him next year really.

I doubt he'd be a super hot commodity (and accordingly doubt he returns any crazy value) but a decent and versatile, two way, middle 6 capable guy, who can pinch in at all three F positions and is on a cheap club controlled contract... Would seem like a good add to a contender looking for cheap depth (PIT?). 

Just now, aGENT said:

We don't have room for him next year really.

I doubt he'd be a super hot commodity (and accordingly doubt he returns any crazy value) but a decent and versatile, two way, middle 6 capable guy, who can pinch in at all three F positions and is on a cheap club controlled contract... Would seem like a good add to a contender looking for cheap depth (PIT?). 

Too late. They grabbed Cramarossa off of waivers and signed him.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Yeah I think its 46 now since Leighton's doesn't kick in until next season. So there's temporary room. I do think Schaller might still have a good reputation out east so I'm hoping there's someone wanting him for free, even at 1.9, 1.025 of which would be buried the AHL anyway if he clears and is then traded.

It kicks in this season - he was on waivers to go to the AHL.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Screenshot_20190220-111120_Chrome.jpg

Archived