The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Mike McKenna, Devante Smith-Pelly, Joseph Cramarossa

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

a lot of people sure got worked up about such a minor issue as Mckenna being picked up and now waived.  It was a very, very minor blip.

Have you ever heard of asset management?:ph34r:

There are people that believe this organization has yet to recover from the tragic loss, for nothing, of Frank Corrado.:P

Philly GM just waited JB out, gathered a bunch of G on the roster, watch JB waste a late pick then sign Leighton...shoulda just signed the old guy first imo. Then he waive McKenna.

Canuck fans will be upset at how Philly did this, but if its in the rules its legit I guess. JB should have have a back up plan right away he didnt and so he went and did what he did.

DSP might get a claim as he is cheap, shows well in the playoffs

3 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

We can't put McKenna in Utica. We'd have to waive him ourselves to do that.

Actually because we lost him on waivers earlier in the season we could... as long as no other team put in a claim we would be able to send him down right away.

I like Cramberry he was a fine pickup though I'm not surprised to see him back on the wire come deadline

Mckenna well thats a troll job I wish there were some kind of rule that if you pick a player off waivers you have to play them x number of games or have them on your roster for x number of days the way the poor guy gets tossed around is inhumane. You can say what you want about him making x amount of dollars I still say it's not worth it. I hope he signs an AHL deal and finds some stability to be with his family. 

DSP There is lots to like there but none the less he seems to find himself tossed around this time of year. I'd take a chance on him. He is good depth Roussel Beagle DSP looks like a solid 4th unit to me. 

3 hours ago, The Great Canucks said:

I'm pretty sure that's only within the first month.

As per the CBA article 13.22

When a Club claims a Player on Regular or Unconditional Waivers, and, subsequently, in the same season it requests Waivers on the same Player and the original owning Club is the successful and only Club making a Waiver claim, then the original owning Club shall be entitled to Loan such Player to a club in another league within thirty days without further Waivers being asked; provided that such Player has not participated in ten or more NHL Games (cumulative) and remained on an NHL roster more than thirty days (cumulative) following such successful claim.

Wording of the CBA is "in the same season". If we did reclaim we could send him down right away or wait and do it later as he would have the "10 game or 30 days" waiver exemption.

15 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Yeah I think its 46 now since Leighton's doesn't kick in until next season. So there's temporary room. I do think Schaller might still have a good reputation out east so I'm hoping there's someone wanting him for free, even at 1.9, 1.025 of which would be buried the AHL anyway if he clears and is then traded.

CapFriendly now shows the Canucks at 47 contracts after adding Leighton.  His deal is only for the rest of the season.  

16 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You had goodwill for those dirtbags?

Maybe goes back to Kesler getting offer sheeted or something?

17 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Screw Philly. And Benning should take a waiver on DSP, although I'm sure Edmonton will pick him up.

If Benning doesn't put in a claim I will be more pissed than whether or not they get him.

DSP is the exact type of player this team has been looking forever.

Ditch that bum Schaller. Admit he has been a total flop. Put him on waivers and bury his ass if you have too. 

DSP is a playoff player, with Virtanen out they can use some more size and hitting to take some of the load off Roussel and MacEwen.

Plus DSP has shown he can provide offence from a bottom six role and be a good energy guy.

He just needs to be more consistent with controlling his weight and staying in shape to keep his energy up. Playing his style over an 82 game season consistently is hard on the body.

In shorter stretches he can be a force as he showed in the playoffs throwing his weight around.

3 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

It makes too much sense to happen. So of course the &^@#ing Canucks will miss out again on a type of player that is hard to find.

The 'best before date' is up on DSP. You sign him and who do you cut let alone the age problem. I have zero interest in adding vets at this time. 

Archived