The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Mike McKenna, Devante Smith-Pelly, Joseph Cramarossa

5 hours ago, mll said:

CapFriendly now shows the Canucks at 47 contracts after adding Leighton.  His deal is only for the rest of the season.  

thanks, makes sense. Still room to add a cap dump or two at the TDL if the opportunity presents itself. 

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

The 'best before date' is up on DSP. You sign him and who do you cut let alone the age problem. I have zero interest in adding vets at this time. 

He's 26 :blink:

Who do you cut? Schaller.

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd love to see DSP in Van, but there, really, isn't room for him.

See above.

I also wager we're looking to sell/package Granlund at some point in the next few days.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

That's odd NOBODY took him on. 

Given his performance last playoffs, and his low salary you would think someone would have took a free ticket. Not sure if there will be much of a market for a player like Granlund then, although he still has some RFA years left.  

7 hours ago, Boudrias said:

The 'best before date' is up on DSP. You sign him and who do you cut let alone the age problem. I have zero interest in adding vets at this time. 

He had 7 goals in the playoffs just last year! Plus some were clutch goals against Las Vegas in the Cup Final.

You make it sound like he is 30 or something.

He is the same birthyear as Spooner!

He isn't past his best before date. He has always had a problem staying in shape and his weight fluctuations also affect his game to game consistency.

I still take him over Timmy Schallots though.

8 hours ago, Boudrias said:

People seriously need to relax on the word vet. He is 26 not 32. Stop. 

6 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Just maybe, NHL GMs know more about players and their team situations than CDC.

Clearly. I mean there must be SOME reason nobody nabbed him. 

On paper, I'd take him over Schaller as our 13th. And why EDM didn't pick him up...?

Archived