The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation][Eklund] Tanev offer ?

Jayinblack

17 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I hear Vancouver is the front runner for Panarin. 

There. That was as valid as any Eklund rumor because I just reported what I've heard. 

I heard 2 guys talking by the that they were going to go for Sushi. They left the building and wound up at an Indian restaurant.....S%3t happens...

5 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

That’s a joke right?

Gotta be a joke. Or else Benning laughing stock of the league in terms of GM's. I wouldn't be surprised if Benning just can't get anything done. Maybe his fault. Or maybe if he made a deal. He'd be ripped off. Then I'd rather not if it doesn't benefit the Canucks. 

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

I heard 2 guys talking by the that they were going to go for Sushi. They left the building and wound up at an Indian restaurant.....S%3t happens...

I don't think someone deserves to be called an insider if the source they're using is a random guy on Twitter/CDC who pulled a trade rumor out of his ass. 

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I don't think someone deserves to be called an insider if the source they're using is a random guy on Twitter/CDC who pulled a trade rumor out of his ass. 

Yeah, but what about the two guys who were going for sushi? Was it a fusion Japanese/Indian place?

regards,  G.

Just now, HerrDrFunk said:

Take him for what he is. No one is being forced to read him, but he has broken some news before its readily available to others, so, somewhere, he likely has some people with ears to the wall, and he does have enough site traffic to get the attention of some people in the media and the NHL.

Again though, just because Leafs and Canucks "May" be talking about Tanev, doesn't mean its ever going to happen and doesn't mean that it might not be Leafs trying to misdirect teams from another acquisition by pushing false news out as far as they can.

Not saying he's right all the time or that he always has insider knowledge. Everything reported ANYWHERE should be taken with a grain of salt until a deal is actually filed with the NHL.

5 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Take him for what he is. No one is being forced to read him, but he has broken some news before its readily available to others, so, somewhere, he likely has some people with ears to the wall, and he does have enough site traffic to get the attention of some people in the media and the NHL.

Again though, just because Leafs and Canucks "May" be talking about Tanev, doesn't mean its ever going to happen and doesn't mean that it might not be Leafs trying to misdirect teams from another acquisition by pushing false news out as far as they can.

Not saying he's right all the time or that he always has insider knowledge. Everything reported ANYWHERE should be taken with a grain of salt until a deal is actually filed with the NHL.

Yeah, I think I'll continue to put more stock in what a guy like Bob McKenzie (who has actual sources) reports versus a guy like Ecklund (who is currently sourcing a random Twitter user). 

7 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Yeah, I think I'll continue to put more stock in what a guy like Bob McKenzie (who has actual sources) reports versus a guy like Ecklund (who is currently sourcing a random Twitter user). 

If you read what I said, I don't disagree with you...

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I know but I disagree with the assertion that Eklund's "reporting" should be considered anywhere near the level as people who do actual sports journalism. 

Most reporting these days amounts to idle speculation through to water cooler rumor. Is what it is.

Archived