We have an absolute log jam at forward

Baertschi-pettersson-boeser

pearson-horvat-goldobin

roussel-sutter-virtanen

motte-beagle-eriksson

spooner-gaudette-granlund

leivo-schaller

Bodies are gonna be flipped in the summer feeeerrr sure

We have no depth, how could we have a log jam??

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Yeah but Schenn's $800k because he's not very good at hockey and is SLOOWWWWWWW.

The thing I'm most miffed at is that for 3 years, management did nothing to find a suitable partner to get the most out of a guy they targeted and acquired in Guddy. What a waste. 

As you say, at least it opens a spot, eventually for Hughes this season and Karllsson *fingers crossed* or Myers.

Think of it this way, he can't possibly skate too far to get out of position like Guddy was doing lol...I was pleasently surprised by him in his short stint in Utica tho...you are right tho he is slow. But he can keep the crease clear and block shots with the best of them so that's a bonus. Plus he actually makes good puck decisions and can make decent outlet passes to his forwards. Where Guddy seemed to always be off on his passes. I think someone at the beginning of this thread posted a graph of Guddy VS Schenn and you can see Schenns successful zone exits is far and above better than Guddys...anyways I'm hoping he pleasantly surprises us, but his foot speed is a big red flag with him! 

Just now, Freeridebc said:

Point being there wasnt even an attempt by him... nor did he deter anything. 

He was on the bench and it has been widely reported no one saw it until after the game. 

Matheson had 2 months to prepare and ducked Virtanen x2, Gudbranson, Roussel, and Horvat. 

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, Mr.53 said:

He was a defensive defenseman, and our 5th best defenseman capable of defending. 

Sorry that was wordy but you can get the point.

Also, I would rather have a potential liability not he wing than on the backend as well. Peace Guddy.

And Pearson was putting up 40 point seasons until this one. He can definitely bounce back. At least better chance than Guddy.

Great trade.

totally agree, well except the bit about Pearson bouncing back....that would require another minor miracle....;)
as but yes about Guddy...and let's face when you are paired with POO! ....sigh... Good luck in Pittsburg Guddy

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

We could trade-tree backwards to calculate Gud cost us a 1st(McCann) but I don't feel this way. He helped provide a little safer environment(despite his own health issues) as some of our youth got started.

Bennings drafting(like Gaudette, Madden) in the depth rounds, has allowed us to lose some value in a few deals. These kind of talented kids should more than make up for whatever McCann might have done.

Even carrying Sutter & Pearson cap-hits today, is better than having to deal with Kesler's current albatross deal.

So we've simply recycled a few waves of vets(at relative cap-cost), as the team ultimately gets cheaper, & makes space for a wave of incoming(developed) youth.

This is all good.

LOL

This is some first-class spin.

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

LOL

This is some first-class spin.

McCann and a 2nd for Pearson in 2016 would have been a huge steal. If he can get back to being a 40 pt player with Bo or Petey the return is ultimately good. So we shall see. 

• Cheers 3