The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Erik Gudbranson to Penguins for Tanner Pearson

HerrDrFunk

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

He was left unprotected strategically.

We didn't have many good players to protect; we protect Markus freaking Granlund for Pete's sake lol.

Vegas seemed to like something in his game to not only choose him, but then keep him on the team as an assistant captain. But sure.

Granlund was on nearly a .5pg pace that season while being realiable defensively. Even now Granny is a solid member of a bottom 6. At the time we were better off allowing a D to leave then a top 9 forward.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Vegas seemed to like something in his game to not only choose him, but then keep him on the team as an assistant captain. But sure.

Granlund was on nearly a .5pg pace that season while being realiable defensively. Even now Granny is a solid member of a bottom 6. At the time we were better off allowing a D to leave then a top 9 forward.

They chose him because there was literally nothing left. Again, you protect Markus Granlund, you can just imagine the slim pickings that remain.

Granlund is and always will be a replaceable level player. He had one decent year due to an unsustainable shooting percentage. If we protect a Granlund type player in the upcoming expansion draft, it means we're still in big trouble.

Assistant captain = good player? MDZ wore an A here lol.

Edited by kanucks25

28 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Yeah while he played for Kings, he was a really good player. It remain to be seen, if he can rediscover that sort of form.

However I'm glad, he is with our organisation now, as he has the potential to be a really good supplement to our team...

Time will tell, but yes absolutely good stats.... If he gets to that sort of form again, JB will have hit another home run.

He has just had one off year.  Gudbranson seems like a great person who can't play hockey very well.  I am happy we have him off the books.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

D-man? Check

Top-20 pick? Check

24 years-old when acquired? Check

5 years NHL experience when acquired? Check

Above average in size? Check

Decent skater for that size? Check

Lacking critical hockey IQ? Check

Thanks for coming out.

Other than handedness and Gudbranson's "toughness" factor, they're about as close as you can get.

didn't realize I needed to come out. 

puck moving potential? one yes, one no.

physical deterrent? one yes, one no.

you're making things up on hockey IQ. Sbisa actually did some good things but hey whatever doesn't fit your little narrative.

Absolutely no one would think that Sbisa and Guddy would fill the same roles. Maybe on paper you can cherry pick and skew comparisons... oh, wait, maybe thats the issue here. 

8 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

you are on the pipe he is a 13th forward. that you slot in for emergency situations as filler only.  he throws muffins at the net and mostly into the goalies chest.  he got hyped up numbers playing with the sedins and has been the dog poop he is ever since 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

we still still havent seen how pearson does on the canucks, so hold on that thought, EK did play like crap in his time here but if he picks it up in Pitts, lets wait and see before calling people out, instead of tryna shame or call people out on the fourms, if it works out for both of us which i hope lets be happy about it......

Don’t actually care how Pearson or Gudbranson do going forward.  I wish them all the best of luck and hope it works out for everyone.  I was desperate to have Gudbranson be my favourite player when he came here, I was hoping for another Willie Mitchell.

It was about dozens of posters here getting called out and called stupid repeatedly for a long time because they didn’t happen to like this player’s performance.

Then the disappearing act by those doing the calling out when even the player even says they played badly.  

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, burrardstreetbullies said:

you are on the pipe he is a 13th forward. that you slot in for emergency situations as filler only.  he throws muffins at the net and mostly into the goalies chest.  he got hyped up numbers playing with the sedins and has been the dog poop he is ever since 

kind of like your posts

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Provost said:

Don’t actually care how Pearson or Gudbranson do going forward.  I wish them all the best of luck and hope it works out for everyone.  I was desperate to have Gudbranson be my favourite player when he came here, I was hoping for another Willie Mitchell.

It was about dozens of posters here getting called out and called stupid repeatedly for a long time because they didn’t happen to like this player’s performance.

Then the disappearing act by those doing the calling out when even the player even says they played badly.  

To be fair, a few of those guys did come out and take their lumps. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Darius said:

I thought we were talking about Tanner Pearson for Gudbranson.

Blaming Benning for not raping Anaheim of their best prospects - and settling for Sbisa et al - after Kesler hand cuffed him with a 2 team trade list is pure gold.  Jim had all the leverage there - he should have picked who he wanted like fruit at a grocery store.

Oh man. Quit talking sense man . Rabble rabble rabble.

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Pearson   Pettersson   Boeser

This is going to be our top line next year.  Pearson played with Carter and Toffoli in LA and got 24 goals.  He is the perfect winger for those guys as he goes to the net and also has a great shot and good speed.  I hope Green plays them together on Wednesday...

There is a lot of Burrows in Pearsons game. It may work?

• Upvote 1