The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Canucks vs. Knights, Saturday, March 9th, 2019 at 7 PM PST

Qwags

6 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

Just think (and I get it it’s the past, and we are where we are) but 

Tkachuck Pettersson Boeser 

Ehlers Horvat Pastrnak 

With tkachuk and Ehlers there likely is no Pettersson. And he is easily the best player out of those six.

Just have to be patient. We will get there. (There likely is no Hughes either)

Just now, 10pavelbure96 said:

With tkachuk and Ehlers there likely is no Pettersson. And he is easily the best player out of those six.

Just have to be patient. We will get there. (There likely is no Hughes either)

It’s just something I love to look at. One can dream. I agree with you though 

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

He hasnt out up 40 points since 09-10. He's made of glass, plays like it most nights, is ridiculously slow and pampers his stats with great play makers who actually make the plays for his assists. You take away the Sedins, you take away Pettersson or you take away his powerplay time and you're looking at a slow, low-iq defenseman. There's a reason why his +/- has been trash over the last 6 seasons. 5 on 5 he's absolutely horrendous. Because he's too slow he backs into his goalie constantly (as we saw tonight again) and when he does hold a line he gets walked. Without Tanev, he's a scary defenseman to have on your team. He needs a real solid defensive defenseman to bail him out just so he can provide somewhat decent numbers offensively. Not only that but he's a penalty fiend. 

I said average.   You aren't convincing me he's the problem on the back end.  He's our best defender.  

He's got 60% D zone starts this year, is a +3, takes the hard matchups, is averaging 40 points over an 82 game schedule, has been hurt, still leading the D in points.  

No idea what you're on about.  

He's going to be re-signed and I'm glad for it. We need to build around him the next 2-3 years, not replace him.

4 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I said average.   You aren't convincing me he's the problem on the back end.  He's our best defender.  

He's got 60% D zone starts this year, is a +3, takes the hard matchups, is averaging 40 points over an 82 game schedule, has been hurt, still leading the D in points.  

No idea what you're on about.  

He's going to be re-signed and I'm glad for it. We need to build around him the next 2-3 years, not replace him.

Edler can still play but we need to also take all the pressure away from him.

Sign Myers, bring back Tryamkin, and move Tanev for a younger dman who's less fragile but is solid in his own end

Edler Stecher

Hughes Myers

Hutton Tryamkin (Tanev trade)

Schenn

Archived