The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Canucks vs. Knights, Saturday, March 9th, 2019 at 7 PM PST

Qwags

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Gaunce isn't a Centre anymore and Gaudette isn't ready for the PK/defensive minutes AND faceoff responsibilities yet. 

Gaudette is NHL ready not shut down NHL ready though. 

still didnt have to overpay Beagle after he won a cup. 4 yrs is a long time to commit to a 4th line C at 3m to boot. Especially when you have sutter making 4m already.

I like Beagle, think he brings some elements we needed, but having him and Sutter on our team must come to an end soon. Neither are offensive players, so you then rely on 2 lines to do all of it, which you cant get away with in todays nhl

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

still didnt have to overpay Beagle after he won a cup. 4 yrs is a long time to commit to a 4th line C at 3m to boot. Especially when you have sutter making 4m already.

I like Beagle, think he brings some elements we needed, but having him and Sutter on our team must come to an end soon. Neither are offensive players, so you then rely on 2 lines to do all of it, which you cant get away with in todays nhl

I think Sutter is moved this offseason or at or around the deadline next year. We'll roll with 3 uptempo lines and the shutdown line of Beagle’s

1 minute ago, 40Dangles said:

Edler can still play but we need to also take all the pressure away from him.

Sign Myers, bring back Tryamkin, and move Tanev for a younger dman who's less fragile but is solid in his own end

For sure.  He's no #1 and our back end needs a huge upgrade-overhaul.

He's a decent vet who wants to stay in town - not a sexy sell-for-a-draft-pick opportunity but hardly a problem.  

a good UFA signing (be it Myers or whomever) and Hughes (let alone Tryamkin/Juolevi) changes the equation a lot.

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I said average.   You aren't convincing me he's the problem on the back end.  He's our best defender.  

He's got 60% D zone starts this year, is a +3, takes the hard matchups, is averaging 40 points over an 82 game schedule, has been hurt, still leading the D in points.  

No idea what you're on about.  

He's going to be re-signed and I'm glad for it. We need to build around him the next 2-3 years, not replace him.

I won't be able to convince you. You watch a different player than I do. I must be imagining things when I see Tanev consistently breaking up 2 on 1's game after game. He's got what, 10 even strength points this year? Biega is averaging better stats 5 on 5 and he's stuck with Pouliot and averaging less time per game. You can argue he's not facing as tough of competition but he's done better in my opinion when he's been relied on more heavy and he doesn't even get powerplay time. He's not sheltered behind Tanev either. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I think Sutter is moved this offseason or at or around the deadline next year. We'll roll with 3 uptempo lines and the shutdown line of Beagle’s

We can only hope, but who takes on that salary...Better do the trade in the off season, Sutter is always hurt just like Tanev so got to move players before they even start playing

4 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Actually we did have to overpay Beagle. It's the only way he was signing here. He wanted to stay in Washington but they didn't have the cap to match. 

3 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Need another feel good moment?

What would you like to see happen during the third period?

Betteman makes a special announcement that since the draft is in Vancouver they are making an exception and are awarding the first over all pick to the Canucks  .... No ? Not what you meant? ;) 

Archived