The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal]Canucks signing Duchene would tick a lot of boxes

Devils advocate.. Every time someone posts an option to sign/trade for a good player, CDC has all these concerns with why we shouldn't do it. E.Kane, Panarin, Stone, E. Karlsson, Myers, Duschene, the list can go on forever. At some point people are going to have to either support one of these proposals or accept the fact we are not going to get better.

Every one of these players make their team better, yet CDC continuously comes up with some reason why its a bad idea. Character, Cap, term, age etc. I guess every team who signs/trades for these players are dumb, and we're the smart ones right? I bet SJ regrets Kane (not), and Karlsson (not), and VGK regrets Stone (not). 

Every guy in the nucks room knows how to handle a guy with an ego... and would gladly take an ego if it came with >70 points. 

Pretty sure the ideal 22 yr old, tough as nails, super nice to everyone, power forward, >50 point guy doesn't exist, or the 22 yr old, PMD, PP quarterback, also tough as nails yet super nice and good at interviews, and never will be injured ever,  looking for 8mil a year also doesn't exist... 

I just feel like we're the chick at the bar that says they can never find a boyfriend, yet every time a guy asks her for her number she goes ew.. gross. too tall, too fat, not enough money, not a good job, he likes the oilers, don't like his hair etc.... 

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

Devils advocate.. Every time someone posts an option to sign/trade for a good player, CDC has all these concerns with why we shouldn't do it. E.Kane, Panarin, Stone, E. Karlsson, Myers, Duschene, the list can go on forever. At some point people are going to have to either support one of these proposals or accept the fact we are not going to get better.

Every one of these players make their team better, yet CDC continuously comes up with some reason why its a bad idea. Character, Cap, term, age etc. I guess every team who signs/trades for these players are dumb, and we're the smart ones right? I bet SJ regrets Kane (not), and Karlsson (not), and VGK regrets Stone (not). 

Every guy in the nucks room knows how to handle a guy with an ego... and would gladly take an ego if it came with >70 points. 

Pretty sure the ideal 22 yr old, tough as nails, super nice to everyone, power forward, >50 point guy doesn't exist, or the 22 yr old, PMD, PP quarterback, also tough as nails yet super nice and good at interviews, and never will be injured ever,  looking for 8mil a year also doesn't exist... 

I just feel like we're the chick at the bar that says they can never find a boyfriend, yet every time a guy asks her for her number she goes ew.. gross. too tall, too fat, not enough money, not a good job, he likes the oilers, don't like his hair etc.... 

Whoa whoa whoa, that's serious stuff....

19 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

If CBJ misses the playoffs he could be had for super cheap. Lol. No thanks to Duchene at 8+ mil. Too scary for me.

Target Eberle or Lee or both if we can drop Sutter and/or Eriksson. 

If CBJ misses the playoff that would be a joke on a big scale... Reminds me of the time when Islanders went hard on Vanek and they missed the playoffs or something like that. This is 2x that. 

Agree or disagree?

1) Even if Duchene is “overrated,” and wouldn’t play as hard in the following years since it won’t be a contract year, would he not be absolutely electrifying playing alongside Pettersson?

Speed.  Smarts.  Skill.

Duchene would complement Pettersson like a glove.

2) Duchene-Pettersson-Boeser would be one of the top lines in the NHL would they not?

3) Character issues:   Are Duchene’s issues really that bad, or has he just had some bad luck in terms of being a part of some terrible teams? (Ie Colorado, Ottawa).  The guy was captain in Colorado and so he must have some leadership skills.

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal]Canucks signing Duchene would tick a lot of boxes

Archived