The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 IIHF World Championships

goalie13

14 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Order means nothing?

Good thing. Strome ahead of Turris…  :huh: 

Surprised that Turris was even asked to participate.  Wonder how Nashville is going to get out of that contract.

16 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Trade him for Sutter...  :ph34r:

1 for 1 - Nashville does that.   They have no use for Sutter but he's cheaper to be bought out than Turris.  

What does Vancouver do with Turris though. 

2 minutes ago, mll said:

1 for 1 - Nashville does that.   They have no use for Sutter but he's cheaper to be bought out than Turris.  

What does Vancouver do with Turris though. 

I was just musing.

Whats wrong with Turris I wonder?  I guess he's always had a me first sorta outlook. But he's also talented. Just curious the dip. SA?

I can't believe Turris is turning 30 this year, time flies. His contract looks pretty rough at this point, the classic 6x6; it expires in 2024 (5 more seasons). He is trending in the wrong direction with 16goals in 76 games last year to 7 goals in 55 games this year.

5 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I was just musing.

Whats wrong with Turris I wonder?  I guess he's always had a me first sorta outlook. But he's also talented. Just curious the dip. SA?

Shooting C and not a playmaker so it already limits his line without a playmaker on the wing.  It started towards the last quarter of last season where he just disappeared all through the playoffs.  This season he has not been playing well and dragged down everyone on his line.  He had several injuries and was never able to get going so it could be a combination of confidence/injuries.   It's probably also systems and Nashville needs to re-think their approach after how this season went.

6 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

It's almost like there's two Ricks. The arrogant blow hard on the radio. And the twitter version, that's a wealth of info, and gets interviews with everyone. 

The only time I know it's the same person is when he dumps on Cybalski. 

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It's almost like there's two Ricks. The arrogant blow hard on the radio. And the twitter version, that's a wealth of info, and gets interviews with everyone. 

The only time I know it's the same person is when he dumps on Cybalski. 

i agree on both him and cybalski.  i like auld and the afternoon and evening guys but dislike dhawliwal  and cybalski. i have some issue with guys that try to dominate every conversation, with there co-host trying to talk but being talked over. 

Archived