The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Kings @ Nucks 28/03/19 7pm -- Willie or Won't He?

xereau

35 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

The 5 YEAR Stealth-Rebuild is finally bearing ripened fruit!

Next yr will be such a fun team to watch. Add Beagle, Roussel, MacEwen & Schenn & we'll actually have a little size/abrasiveness to watch over the group.

Beginning to, still need time yet.

South side, east side
Little Willy, Willy now wears a crown,
He's a LA kings coach well known in this town
Daring, glaring
Willy drove us silly with his star shoe shimmy shuffle down
But for now Little Willy wears a Kings crown

Maybe LA wins for Willy, lots of young AHL guys and prospects trying for the show, the last few games have seen some BIG hits.

It was clever for the Canucks to try to match up against this aging and slowing team it ought to give Hughes some confidence out skating them and excite the "mob"

Still LA's position isn't going to change and this is one of the games i expected the Nucks to win.

No thought of tanking now, too many other teams beat them to the punch so look at a #8+pick.

Have fun watching the kiddies learn their craft.

Two fights tonite, and a ton of hits by LA, no goalie duel tonight.

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Hey coach I know it's an honor to have the opportunity to play in the NHL and some people don't even get the chance, but I'm just exhausted so please sit me for the first 2 games....

so because it seems unlikely to you, green and boeser are liars?

5 minutes ago, tas said:

Where did you hear that Boeser told the coach he was tired and that he wanted to be scratched? Pretty sure that's all coaches decision.

5 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Where did you hear that Boeser told the coach he was tired and that he wanted to be scratched? Pretty sure that's all coaches decision.

the roughly 11,000 articles written about it, quoting both people directly, that came out at the time.

1 minute ago, tas said:

Yes.

A lot of sports athletes lie to the media, they don't always tell the truth and what's really going on behind closed doors. A lot of them lie for personal reasons for their career, some will come out and say the truth but very rare, but most of the time they won't because it will just hurt them more, then do good. Especially when you're a rookie the last thing you want to do is create more controversy, but hey some will speak the truth then have to deal with that, that guy from the Islanders imo is a good example Josh Ho Sang, but imo Brock showed why he has class and didn't cry about it to the media, and him and Green were able to come to some kind of agreement to the reasoning, so all good in the end.

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Adding in their ages really brings it home. 

Will be at the game - gonna enjoy it!

It reminds me of when I used to watch the Blackhawks back in the day when they come to town i'd always get tickets to the game, when Seabrook, Toews, Kane, Niemi, Keith, etc were all young. We would stomp on them every time. But they had some young players that were really up and coming...Then fast forward 4 years and they are doing the stomping to us and raising stanley cups...I remember seeing them and their raw talent and how they played together as a young team. They were frisky but not playoff contenders yet. It's eerily similar to the Canucks team i'm witnessing right now. I'm not saying we're a cup contender, but that young Blackhawks team has similarities.

Exciting times ahead. Tonight is another step with getting Hughes into the lineup!

I don't expect much from Hughes in his first NHL game, but I know he has the potential to surpass my expectations which is exciting.

Go Canucks Go!

REFEREES

Pierre Lambert #37 Dean Morton #36
  PL37.jpg DM36.jpg
Games 18-19 69 73
Career Games 106 820
First NHL Game 11/17/16 11/11/00
Birthplace St-Hubert, QC Peterborough, ON

LINESMEN

Scott Cherrey #50 Tyson Baker #88
  SC50.jpg TB88.jpg
Games 18-19 65 26
Career Games 823 27
First NHL Game 10/6/07 10/10/18
Birthplace Drayton, ON St. Mary’s, ON

59 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yes.

A lot of sports athletes lie to the media, they don't always tell the truth and what's really going on behind closed doors. A lot of them lie for personal reasons for their career, some will come out and say the truth but very rare, but most of the time they won't because it will just hurt them more, then do good. Especially when you're a rookie the last thing you want to do is create more controversy, but hey some will speak the truth then have to deal with that, that guy from the Islanders imo is a good example Josh Ho Sang, but imo Brock showed why he has class and didn't cry about it to the media, and him and Green were able to come to some kind of agreement to the reasoning, so all good in the end.

that's a really elaborate theory you fabricated out of nothing.

I'll stick with the horse's mouth. 

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Paired with Schenn is a good idea, some protection for Hughes

However, poor Luke, Imagine how slow he will look beside Quinn. 

Not trying to knock Schenn, he has played well. However, at the best of times he looks like he is skating in wet cement. 

Go Nucks,

You referring to Luke or eddy 

32 minutes ago, tas said:

that's a really elaborate theory you fabricated out of nothing.

I'll stick with the horse's mouth. 

Curious when you see the Canucks post game interviews from the players, do you actually believe what they say everytime? Even though they just repeat the same thing over and over again to the media, you buy it all the time?

Archived