The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Kings @ Nucks 28/03/19 7pm -- Willie or Won't He?

xereau

20 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Wait, what happened to Baertschi? Concussion issue coming back?

In his pre-game Green says he always had in the back of his mind that Baertschi wouldn't play every game.  He explains that Baertschi missed a lot of time and it's like a player coming to training camp and it's not training camp.  He talked to him today and will give him a day off.

We lose tonight, we are mathematically eliminated.

Hughes' debut tonight. No way would I want us to start his tenure on a loss. Let's get the dub tonight?!?

Love that Quinn's playing.

Hate that the bar is set so high in this city and some will be ready to pounce if he doesn't single handedly do every single thing right.

Training wheels are on - let's remember that.  With that, I hope he has a blast our there and is super relaxed and knows this is all about "settling in" at this point.

Love this team - super stoked about the future.

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Do we still hate Jake? Trying to get a feel of CDC going into the weekend.

10% do because he can skate faster then they can.

10% don't because it's fun to get the haters growling.

80% of us understand he is a young player under immense amounts of pressure and will support him in becoming the best hockey player he can be.

2 hours ago, apollo said:

Why do I get the feeling that we're gonna go on a 5 game winning streak to close out the season and kill our draft picks... 

Or like 4-0-1 or 4-1 run... =(

It will only be sweeter when (if) we win a lottery pick to finish strong as well.

It'll be a crapshoot by our draft pick anyway (if we don't win a lottery pick), so Benning will just have to pick the best of the bunch.

9 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

80% of us understand he is a young player under immense amounts of pressure and will support him in becoming the best hockey player he can be.

Then there are the guys just waiting in the wings, beer in hand, who watch because they can be part of a shotgun celebration and really don't even know who he is.

On team Jake since day one...LOVE what he does bring and think it outweighs what he sometimes doesn't.  Fast, spunky...with some good coaching he has the potential to be something special.  If Bert thinks he's a power forward, he's a power forward.

13 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

80% is awfully generous. Lol. 

2 hours ago, apollo said:

That would be great but even the most delusional homer here (me) knows it's not possible this year =(

If we can land a top 3 pick instead of picking 10th-12th that'll be the difference between winning 5-7 cups in the 2020s instead of say 2-3

Our glorious team needs a legit dynasty to stick it to the old boys club. 

The Canucks will be cemented as the greatest dynasty in the history of sports. 

I'll be glad to start with one Cup and go from there. It all starts with some good feels to finish the year. 

17 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Love that Quinn's playing.

Hate that the bar is set so high in this city and some will be ready to pounce if he doesn't single handedly do every single thing right.

Training wheels are on - let's remember that.  With that, I hope he has a blast our there and is super relaxed and knows this is all about "settling in" at this point.

Love this team - super stoked about the future.

I said it before. If he doesn't singlehandedly be Erik Karlsson but then take a hometown discount, and also be defensive and the best... he's a bust.

And he's got 4 games. It would be 3, but he's being given some slack because its late in the season and the Canucks are pretty much out of it.

Dear Quinn,

Welcome to the show. I know you are nervous. Just keep your head up. Stick on the ice. Play a simple game. If there's a shot that you think looks good, take it.

Don't get flustered. Just make the safe play. Give it everything you've got, and you'll do just fine.

Don't put the city on your shoulders just yet. Learn the pro game, and enjoy the moment.

Knock 'em dead kid. And a long and successful career to you. You know Canuck fans are going to love watching you play.

Good luck!

Ghosts.

5 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Quinn will get 1G, 1A tonight and CDC will explode just like after Petey's debut!

More than one turnover and it'll be "He's not NHL-ready, needs to start in Utica next year."  Book it. 

In fact, some have said it already before he's even played a single game.  The same expertz that said Petey should have been in Utica.

Archived