The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Apologizes to George McPhee

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Actually I think it's the right move. It just needs to be done more consistently. The refs should be held accountable.

Ya held accountable internally, I don't mind the suspension. Just don't lynch them up in public. What good does the apology do, you think people are less mad in Vegas now they have confirmed it was a brutal call...  

• Upvote 2

The apology was not a public apology. It was not intended to be

George McPhee said they did

The NHL reached out to George McPhee to issue an apology for the officiating in Game 7, the Vegas Golden Knights general manager told reporters, including The Athletic's Jesse Granger, on Thursday.

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Ya held accountable internally, I don't mind the suspension. Just don't lynch them up in public. What good does the apology do, you think people are less mad in Vegas now they have confirmed it was a brutal call...  

When those officials are no longer to be seen for the rest of the playoffs, I think people will be able to figure it out anyway. And as the post after your mentions, it was never a public apology.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

When those officials are no longer to be seen for the rest of the playoffs, I think people will be able to figure it out anyway. And as the post after your mentions, it was never a public apology.

Ya that does change things, McPhee is just a chatty cathie.

It's not what you don't know, it's who you don't know against?  Something like that.

It's like suspending Kadri for "the rest of the round".  So 2-5 games. 

The inconsistency and ironing of it all.

It's time for the league to come clean and start having some integrity.  This is just another show of pretending they do...they dabble in it in a pick and choose way that is mostly based on the jersey logo.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Actually I think it's the right move. It just needs to be done more consistently. The refs should be held accountable.

They are graded.  There are 40 officials that start in the 1st round and only 24 make it to the 2nd round based on their performance.  The refs are paid over 18K per round so missing a round costs them.

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

So the Nhl came out and apologized to George McPhee about the call in Game 7.  The refs from that game O’Halloran and Ferlatt have been told they won’t ref for the rest of the playoffs.

Honestly I wouldn’t have a problem with this if the NHL always did this, but they HAVEN’T!  This is the first time ever they’ve done this and not only that they’ve done it to the newest franchise basically saying that this team is the sweetheart of the NHL.  This makes me feel absolutely sick being a Canucks fan being screwed time and time again by the refs with no apology.  Vegas fans get the golden treatment without any suffering at all and it is sick.

Also, why are these refs suspended, but Kelly Sutherland who made an arguably worse call in game 2 allowed to continue reffing?  I know all of us can agree that Sutherland has probably made the most bad calls in the NHL yet is given a free pass.

Sure a lot of you were Vegas fans last series but I’m sure you can agree with me that the NHL doing this is just stab in the back to us Canucks fans.

Shouldn’t be able to ref ever again but what can you do. 

• Cheers 1