The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hot sauce

I love most hot sauces.  I smother my eggs in tobasco every morning. It’s so hot. Too hot sometimes.  I’m not immune to the heat or anything, but I just love the taste so much!   Helpful hint - have a glass of milk handy to cull the heat. Really works!                                       To the point - I’ve started making my own hot sauces.  I use basic jalapeños from the market to make a green sauce or I’ll use those little red ones to make a red sauce.                                 Any pepper I choose matters not. What does however is the vinegar.   I MUST have a vinegar based hot sauce. It’s so flavourful!       I also use the right amount of sweetener. I choose jaggery from my local Indian market. Great place. Great stuff. So many awesome spices in that place.                                           The point of this post is to pick up some pointers from others as to what you do with your hot sauces. All cultures, all peoples. I really hope you’ll respond with some great ideas we all can learn from. Tyvm 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

I love most hot sauces.  I smother my eggs in tobasco every morning. It’s so hot. Too hot sometimes.  I’m not immune to the heat or anything, but I just love the taste so much!   Helpful hint - have a glass of milk handy to cull the heat. Really works!                                       To the point - I’ve started making my own hot sauces.  I use basic jalapeños from the market to make a green sauce or I’ll use those little red ones to make a red sauce.                                 Any pepper I choose matters not. What does however is the vinegar.   I MUST have a vinegar based hot sauce. It’s so flavourful!       I also use the right amount of sweetener. I choose jaggery from my local Indian market. Great place. Great stuff. So many awesome spices in that place.                                           The point of this post is to pick up some pointers from others as to what you do with your hot sauces. All cultures, all peoples. I really hope you’ll respond with some great ideas we all can learn from. Tyvm 

I dare you to smother your eggs with this... evilgrin0007.gif

https://www.hotsauce.com/da-bomb-beyond-insanity-hot-sauce/

• Haha 1

When I was young and dumb, I once ordered hot wings at a Thai karaoke bar out west and actually said out loud, "hey I was born and raised in Buffalo, there's no way I can't handle whatever these people put on those wings."  I was wrong.  I took one bite swallowed it, thought my mouth and throat were melting, stupidly then touched touched my eyes, then thought my eyes were on fire, then headed to the restroom and continually washed my eyes and mouth out for a few minutes only after scrubbing my hands clean. 

Fortunately I kept it together long enough to get to the restroom so nobody was the wiser.  Needless to say, I didn't touch the wings afterwards.

To this day I wonder what they put on them.  I only remember it being a garlic-y tasting fire.

• Upvote 2

If you don’t snort Siracha while gargling Franks Red hot and pouring tobasco in your eyes then you’re doing it wrong

Cholula and Yucatán sunshine are my favorite store bought options.

I've made my own hot sauce a few times but it's just never turned out all that good.

Edit- siracha or Thai brand garlic chili sauce are great on stir fry's.

Edited by luckylager

I lluurrrvvv hot sauce. I legit dip my popcorn in hot sauce. Franks red hot is my favourite. But, I'm always game to try something hotter. A friend of mine made habenero wings, while hot the flavour was fantastic. I haven't tried anything hotter than that... Yet.