The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2019/2020 -[4 GM Positions Available]

Relyt Krets

Yes: pickuphockey tracks our league, and i intend to post the standings at least on the 1st of each month...hoping to post it roughly the 10th/11th and then the 20th/21st and then the 1st as time goes by...but always refer to the daily pickuphockey  results for up the moment standings: which is how waiver claims are decided too fyi.

Also: to amplify the trade 'delay' I really think for new GM's that I should not see a trade call until at least 2 days after a player has been suggested as available in the thread...this is to protect the new GM a little but also to give the league a chance to see who is on the market and make other offers...which will increase the returns maybe on any star names that new GM's like to trade out fairly early in their tenure..it is all understandable, but just needs to be done a little slowly until folks get their feet under them. Thank you. 

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Thanks 1

Looks like we have about 22 GM's on our Discord chat, and while it is not necessary to play this Canucks.com fantasy hockey thread based game, it comes in real handy to chat and stay on top of stuff without cdc mail which is clunky at best...

https://discord.gg/5nreva

that is the invite link for our EKL channel,,,hope to see everyone at least sign up for it..you don't have to use it but it comes in super freaking awesome handy at the draft for instance or the trade deadline...things where time is of the essence and a quick line is the best way to send a note and get a fast reply..; )

Screenshot_20191112-173135_Gallery.jpg

HISCHIER ON THE TRADING BLOCK!!

Looking for picks/prospects. Preferably 2 1st round picks + 2 top prospects. Higher chance at a top 3 pick will obviously be a bonus in any offer.

Will consider any and every offer so please dont hesitate to make a proposal or 5 lol. 

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

@Kobayashi Maru @Primal Optimist @Dion Phaneuf @Tigs @Patrick Kane @Gally @Tylez @Baer. @Papa Sawce @Bombastik der Teutone @Canuck Surfer @kj29 @Snapshot85 @D-Money @janisahockeynut @Stamkos @Jim Layhee @Caboose @arby_18 @lethunder @Master Mind @Art Vandelay @Jaku @Nail @Colby Covington @inane

Edited by Brock Botanen
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

^^ The league is aware of at least 3 offers thus far so don' t miss out folks. I hear the GM is looking to make a trade call before the weekend!!!

My apologies but updates will happen at ohdarkthirty tomorrow: rough day for me always on November 11th and while i didn't drink last night i feel hung over from the emotions of it all. Cheers and of course all moves are always backdated to the day before Noon when they are posted or when an agreeing GM agrees to a trade call: time stamps are everything which is why edits on game moves is asked to be kept to a minimum and only within one minute of posting. Waivers is a big one where no edits is the best option after you post. thanks. see you all tomorrow and thank you for being active, that is awesome. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Florida RECALLS F Andrew Ladd from IR

Eberle is also back for us in Florida. We did not have a body to call up. So we never bothered to put him on the IR.

If Ladd has anything in him, with some luck its two middle 6 wingers to help get started back up the ladder! If we are a bit more lucky? Eberle resumes a top line role...  

But at this stage Andrew Ladd may be destined for a depth role. We will see how it pans out?

• Upvote 1

Lundqvist: seeking a 2020 2nd or 1st+cap dump/salary retention

Sobotka, Martin, Steen, Clutterbuck, Kulikov, Stralman, Bogosian, Gunnarsson, Holl, and Pateryn are also available for trades. Looking for picks and will take expiring contracts to keep me above cap floor

Edited by Brock Botanen

On 11/12/2019 at 10:10 AM, Brock Botanen said:

@Primal Optimist Do I have the correct standings? Getting conflicting information back in trade discussion about current standings. Want to make sure, because this could drastically change how i approach my trades

I have just updated those standings, the standings tab will be updated roughly every ten days in a month..i will post the 1st of the month in thread as it relates to the Waiver Priority List directly, inversely and in two parts based upon if a claim was made successfully this season or not.

As stated yesterday: pickuphockey is the official standings, these lists are just aide de memoirs for our GM's ease of use.

2 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Will look into this this afternoon and so any correction will be noticed tomorrow on Pickup, or an explanation when i get to that item..or both.

: )

Will look into this this afternoon and so any correction will be noticed tomorrow on Pickup, or an explanation when i get to that item..or both.

: )

image.png.2de7dbf6714e2a3d29d4e4ad387c62f4.png

@Patrick Kane CHI.png.be9d8773a179d870cc886a58f3fe053a.png : Kevan Miller has been claimed off Waivers by NYR.png.f338f9ea8504e410a501375ddd9bd048.png GM, @JimLahey

@Tylez CBJ.png.d34b3375d1d64490aca5885a7e2390a5.png : Tomas Jurco has cleared waivers and has been sent down to the minors. 

@Kobayashi Maru ANA.png.84d880c7c502b60e4f8fa0daf9318c01.png : Nic Petan has cleared waivers and has been sent down to the minors.

@Primal Optimist AZ.png.814bef8a692e7716527ad2464fe0fcf4.png : Travis Boyd has cleared Waivers and has been sent to the minors.

@janisahockeynut NJD.png.14a6827918bc7be68db098f2a3796f26.png : Micheal Haley has cleared waivers and has been sent to the minors. 

There remains one player on waivers until 9:45 pm tonight. 

image.jpeg.3d3c84240aaa35005002e93fedb00d38.jpeg

On 11/8/2019 at 8:24 AM, Primal Optimist said:

I am going to start this with a wallet of 260 dollars of pretend money. Once a week I will post five game options and all you need to do is reply with who you think will win each of the five games. OT and Shoot outs count..

I will track this each thursday and see if we lose our 260 fantasy bucks (enough for ten weeks of losses in a row) or if we collectively grow the pot! (*cutoff will be 4:45 pm pacific time and next week I will post the night before rather than morning of) Don't worry if your not interested, i will only keep it going if there is folks that want to do it.

Well that is not what I expected! hahaha...we got one game right.

We started with "260" and won zero. We now have 234. Nine more weeks worth. ; )

Thinking Thursday's  Fantasy Five!!

I will track this each thursday and see if we lose our 260 fantasy bucks (enough for ten weeks of losses in a row) or if we collectively grow the pot! 

Last week we got 1 for 5...this weeks games: just pick a winner in a fresh post and cutoff is 3:30 tomorrow (Thursday)...I will only vote to break a tie..otherwise my votes will side with the majority in each game...lets do this!

New York Rangers VS Tampa Bay Lightning

Winnipeg Jets VS Florida Panthers

Carolina Hurricanes VS Buffalo Sabres

Arizona Coyotes VS Minnesota Wild

Dallas Stars VS Vancouver Canucks

what say we? pick the winners...

59 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I will track this each thursday and see if we lose our 260 fantasy bucks (enough for ten weeks of losses in a row) or if we collectively grow the pot! 

Last week we got 1 for 5...this weeks games: just pick a winner in a fresh post and cutoff is 3:30 tomorrow (Thursday)...I will only vote to break a tie..otherwise my votes will side with the majority in each game...lets do this!

Tampa

Florida

Carolina

Arizona

Dallas

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

Lightning

Jets

Sabers

Coyotes

Canucks

• Upvote 1

Dropping price on Lundqvist. Willing to take a mid round pick, but will wait until deadline incase his value increases. All offers up until then will be considered. Any 2nd round pick will be accepted right away, but I'll consider a 3rd or maybe a 4th if theres little or no interest

Hischier I'm also dropping price to...

2020 top 10 pick  + prospect + 2020 2nd

Or

2020 & 2021 1st + 2020 2nd + prospect or 2

Willing to wait until trade deadline because some teams may claim to have the lottery (top 10) pick but are too close to playoffs for this stage of the season for my comfort. However we could work an early deal by placing conditions on the picks. 

Listening to offers for the next 72 hours before I make a decision, but willing to wait until deadline if i dont get an offer i like

Edited by Brock Botanen

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

New York

Winnipeg

Carolina

Arizona

Vancouver