The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

27 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Just found this on Wikipedia :towel:

Loui William Eriksson (born 17 July 1985) is a Swedish professional ice hockey forward currently playing for the Ho Chi Minh Tigers of the Peoples Republic of  China Hockey League (PRCHL). Eriksson was selected by the Dallas Stars in the second round, 33rd overall, at the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.

On loan to...CHINA?! This is how you're building your confidence back, Loui? This must be a summer league or something....

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Watch it end up being the original Lucic for Eriksson swap that was proposed months ago.

All they're doing is waiting for Eriksson's bonus to be taken care of on the Canucks end.

Without being a homer or a dreamer, I really believe that the swap would kickstart both careers. Lucic is still young enough to be an impact player. 

Louie could use a fresh start where his first goal for the new team isn’t on his own net. 

If Schenn isn’t coming back, and Roussell is out until Christmas, we will be the biggest pushover team that the NHL has seen in the last 50 years. 

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Without being a homer or a dreamer, I really believe that the swap would kickstart both careers. Lucic is still young enough to be an impact player. 

Louie could use a fresh start where his first goal for the new team isn’t on his own net. 

If Schenn isn’t coming back, and Roussell is out until Christmas, we will be the biggest pushover team that the NHL has seen in the last 50 years. 

I hate Oilers an Bruins , but Even Boston has done a nice soft retool. We will now slightly resemble the oilers rebuild on a decade hunt to respectability. We will be soft as butter an smurfville on back end.

The Canucks will probably just have to ride out this contract unless LE decides the situation is too uncomfortable to even be worth it; perhaps after the July 1 bonus has been paid he and the Canucks can mutually terminate the contract then he can bet on himself to perhaps sign a decent contract ?? With this media stunt, he isn't just highly paid but in that locker room I would say he is also overpaid.... 

4 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Real talk. But I adamantly think we need another piece coming back with Lucic. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Codez27 said:

This has likely been explained but can someone explain LE contract to me and why we are unable to buy it out?

It can be bought out. It's just not very beneficial on a financial level because the cap savings are very minimal. Most of his cap hit will still be on the books. 

Edited by RRypien37

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

It can be bought out. It's just not very beneficial on a financial level because the cap savings are very minimal. Most of his cap hit will still be on the books. 

the only thing 'good' about it is in year 3 his cap hit would drop to 3.6 mil. But the window is over now anyway so its moot. 

My heart says trade, my head says Utica. 

12 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

lol have you seen lucic play last couple years? it's not his skill.. it's his speed.. he's literally a moving pylon out there

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the only thing 'good' about it is in year 3 his cap hit would drop to 3.6 mil. But the window is over now anyway so its moot. 

Ur head is right!! Who's gonna walk away from that much $?? Unless someone can make the bus rides and food so unbearable??  That should motivate our prospects to work their asses off to make the jump to NHL while resenting Eriksson so badly lol... 

21 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Watch it end up being the original Lucic for Eriksson swap that was proposed months ago.

All they're doing is waiting for Eriksson's bonus to be taken care of on the Canucks end.

Lucic likewise has a bonus payment.  But looking at the roster, I see no possible reason why we do such a trade, unless it is with one massive sweetener.  Roster is full without Eriksson, we just need to dispose of him, at hopefully a reasonable cost.  Zero reason to have another of the same, or actually a less-useful player, in fact.

12 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Exaggeration overload.  We've added Miller, Myers, and Benn so far, losing the likes of Hutton, Pouliot, and Granlund, maybe Goldobin as well.  Look at the roster, we have some size and grit on every line, certainly more than in the past.

• Cheers 3

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

They'll find a way to move him, even if it's a lateral move like with Gagner.  Gagner wasn't in the same category though, so rather than doing someone a solid they're likely more interested in turfing out a guy who's run his mouth on the team and needs to leave.  Would have been nice to have done it by now so we could use the $ to replace him, but with money tight there will still be opportunities.

6 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Ur head is right!! Who's gonna walk away from that much $?? Unless someone can make the bus rides and food so unbearable??  That should motivate our prospects to work their asses off to make the jump to NHL while resenting Eriksson so badly lol... 

he'll have made 59 mil in his career by tomorrow morning with 9 mil left from us. You just never know, he may just decide to move on. Unlikely but it has happened. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

They'll find a way to move him, even if it's a lateral move like with Gagner.  Gagner wasn't in the same category though, so rather than doing someone a solid they're likely more interested in turfing out a guy who's run his mouth on the team and needs to leave.  Would have been nice to have done it by now so we could use the $ to replace him, but with money tight there will still be opportunities.

I think pretty much Edmonton, Ottawa or Columbus. And all are going to suck in some fashion but we'll see.