The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour: Canucks very active in trade market (Canucks looking at D options)

Not sure if it warrants it's on thread but ghost is intruiging. JP Barry (Loui Eriksson's agent). Also represents 2 pending UFA targets of the Canucks: Tyler Myers and Jake Gardiner.

Would you be in favor of adding ghost? Perhaps a trade back with Hutton for Ghost?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I heard that interview too.  It sure sounded like Loui has played his last game for us.  I don't think it's possible for us to trade Loui without hurting us.  He will get put on waivers, and assigned to Utica.  He will not go to Utica.  At that point, I don't know what happens?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Flyers would probably want Juolevi for Ghost.

The Flyers want to compete now.  Vigneault says he chose Philadelphia because he wants to win a Cup earlier than later.   Juolevi is a few years away from making an impact.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I hope Jim doesn't go for Gardiner or Myers. I'd rather he bear down and make a trade for a defenseman who isn't a complete liability in their own end, and possesses something more than middling talent.

I want JB to get somebody core.  I know it will cost more but then it’s someone we can build around.  I will still be holding out for a Joulevi Ristolainen pairing until it won’t actually happen.  We need to add a sub 25 cost controlled core D men at the expense of higher picks and prospects.

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

I’d be down for Ghost no question but he’ll cost more than Hutton that’s for sure. I love this time of year. 

I dont know how well of a fit Ghost would be here, he is an smaller offensively skilled left handed Dman, for the price to acquire him it might not be the best move. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Ghost would be a nice addition if there aren’t any bigger options brewing.  Seems like a buy low candidate.

He is one year removed from a 65 point season, dont know if it will be buying low, he will probably come with a big price tag considering his age and salary. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Flyers will probably want a RD since they’re weak at that position. Maybe something like Tanev (AV familiarity), Goldobin, Madden, and a 2nd?

They just traded for Niskanen.  They are looking for a C2 especially if they can't sign Kevin Hayes.

Flyers want to compete now.  Goldobin, Madden and a 2nd doesn't help that objective. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, mll said:

They just traded for Niskanen.  They are looking for a C2 especially if they can't sign Kevin Hayes.

Flyers want to compete now.  Goldobin, Madden and a 2nd doesn't help that objective. 

Gaudette, Juolevi and a 3rd might get it done. 

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I heard that interview too.  It sure sounded like Loui has played his last game for us.  I don't think it's possible for us to trade Loui without hurting us.  He will get put on waivers, and assigned to Utica.  He will not go to Utica.  At that point, I don't know what happens?

as it stands, even with JPs comments I think this is the most likely scenario. As for what happens then? maybe he doesn't report. Who knows. 

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

He is one year removed from a 65 point season, dont know if it will be buying low, he will probably come with a big price tag considering his age and salary. 

Probably true, good point.  If he had another 65 he would be off the charts but maybe it’s slightly lower.  Can only hope.