The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour: Canucks very active in trade market (Canucks looking at D options)

4 minutes ago, Brocklovich said:

The dream scenario would be Hutton / Tanev + Sutter +???? Maybe Jake?

But their is no way philly gives up Ghost for so little. The rumoured package from Montreal of Byron + Shaw is better overall for them.

Ghost would be a decent add to the blue line though making him & hughes the offensive dmen just means they need to add some grit and the defense looks ok (to me anyway)

I just dont see Ghost as the type of D we need to add. Kind of like needing a new vehicle and buying a two door coupe because it was avaible when really you needed an F150.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I love Horvat but who here would do the following (if a high level C is what Philly wants):

Horvat / Hutton

for

right to sign Hayes / Nolan Patrick / Ghost

I would absolutely hate to lose Horvat but if Hayes said he would resign with us I would do it lol.

If Horvat is going the other way I want Provorov not Gostibehere

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Not sure how many times he has to say "NOT trading young players or picks".  Rather stunning the eagerness to trade even just-drafted players, especially ones who are progressing better than their draft position.

You cant really trade for a legit top 6 forward or top 4 Dman without giving up a young player or picks with the pieces Canucks currently have. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Not sure how many times he has to say "NOT trading young players or picks".  Rather stunning the eagerness to trade even just-drafted players, especially ones who are progressing better than their draft position.

There is a short list of players he won’t trade unless it is a ridiculous clear win.

Horvat, Petterson, Boeser, Hughes

Demko, Virtanen, Juolevi, any picks beyond this season including next year’s 1st.... if those assets can be used for a young player under club control who is part of our future... of course he is going to do it.  The “untouchable core four” need a dramatic overpayment to consider moving them.

1 hour ago, mll said:

Edmonton and LA had vacancies.  Fletcher and Vigneault seem to be on the same wave length - the team with a few moves should be ready to compete now. 

So that is "every other team" thanks for the clarification .

36 minutes ago, Pears said:

He’ll have to give up something to get a player of Gostisbehere’s calibre. 

16 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

You cant really trade for a legit top 6 forward or top 4 Dman without giving up a young player or picks with the pieces Canucks currently have. 

He's not going to trade key prospects and picks unless it's for equivalence, and in Philly's case that's not what they want to begin with.  They're trying to take that next step into competitiveness like we are, and that isn't done by shipping out established players for picks and prospects.

• Cheers 1

core untouchables  in my eyes  that benning shouldnt trade petey boeser horvat gaudette virtanen juolevi hughes demko  and our 10th pick the rest are all up for grabs.

tanev sutter eriksson spooner schaller baertchi markstrom hutton  goldobin stecher  account for 35 mill in cap if benning unloads a bunch of these guys for picks or a few dif dmen

we can also take on 3 vet contracts that expire next yr like marleau callahan mcdonald   for picks  lightning leafs  def can use cap relief we may as well use our massive cap space to aquire more picks 

and ufa panarin and karlsson 

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

He's not going to trade key prospects and picks unless it's for equivalence, and in Philly's case that's not what they want to begin with.  They're trying to take that next step into competitiveness like we are, and that isn't done by shipping out established players for picks and prospects.

Benning is just checking in on Ghost so far. Young players on ELC who are almost ready to make an impact are very valuable to playoff teams. 

49 minutes ago, rekker said:

I just dont see Ghost as the type of D we need to add. Kind of like needing a new vehicle and buying a two door coupe because it was avaible when really you needed an F150.

Exactly this.

We have Hughes coming up who will be Ghost but better(hopefully).  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Exactly this.

We have Hughes coming up who will be Ghost but better(hopefully).  

Ummm... do we not need more than one LHD? 

Or is the plan for Hughes to play 60 minutes a night. 

If the deal makes sense and makes the team better...pull the trigger. 

2 hours ago, Pears said:

Flyers will probably want a RD since they’re weak at that position. Maybe something like Tanev (AV familiarity), Goldobin, Madden, and a 2nd?

I would not give up Madden and a 2nd.  We can get a FA for free.  That is too much for a PMD who is questionable defensively.  Remember, there is a reason he is available.

• Cheers 2

Canucks fans in 2016:  Ghostisbhere?  I'd trade our first + for him

Canucks fans in 2018:  Ghostisbhere?  Oh man that's gonna cost our first this year plus maybe Boeser or someone, he's almost .7 ppg in his career

Canucks fans today:  Ghostisbhere?  Mmm...he's kinda small, hasn't done much lately.  Maybe hutton?  Or Juolevi, We don't really need Ghost but if they're offering toss some nothings at them and see if they bite

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Sutter + Hutton + 1st for Ghost

Ghost is young and locked in to a good contract. If we drafted a guy as good as Ghost with our 1st we'd be thrilled. You can't overvalue a draft pick that may turn into nothing. Sutter and Hutton give Philly the depth for a run. Then we just hope Gaudette or Madden is for real.

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Canucks fans in 2018:  Ghostisbhere?  Oh man that's gonna cost our first this year plus maybe Boeser or someone, he's almost .7 ppg in his career

Canucks fans today:  Ghostisbhere?  Mmm...he's kinda small, hasn't done much lately.  Maybe hutton?  Or Juolevi, We don't really need Ghost but if they're offering toss some nothings at them and see if they bite

There is always a grass is greener attitude around here about everybody else's players. We need RHD and better puckmovers.  Ghost is a small RHD who is a good puck mover, but we can sign Edler for a couple of years and give up nothing and he is a better all around d who puts scores some points.  I just don't think he is good enough to give away a bunch of hard-fought assets.

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Canucks fans everywhere have been clamoring for top pair puck moving defensemen and the minute we show interest in them they’re like “tbh he’s too small, injury prone and would cost too much for our liking.”

I don’t get it. Gostisbehere would improve our 5 on 5 and our powerplay drastically. We could have Ghost run the top unit with the big boys and then Hughes can make the second unit a good unit too. 

5 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

There is always a grass is greener attitude around here about everybody else's players. We need RHD and better puckmovers.  Ghost is a small RHD who is a good puck mover, but we can sign Edler for a couple of years and give up nothing and he is a better all around d who puts scores some points.  I just don't think he is good enough to give away a bunch of hard-fought assets.

Ghost is LD