The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks aggressively pursuing Tyson Barrie

1 minute ago, Laoag said:

Thanks tips, real keen insight.

Just can you could, doesnt mean you should. Jakes value isn’t close to Barrie. Jake would be a bit of a toss in. We have others to toss in there. Our the cupboards aren’t as bare as they once were.

jake still has potential

I agree jake is a toss in but like u said he's got potential. Exactly why that's the toss in sakic would want. He still has some value 

Our other toss ins have very little value some negative value 

That's why Jake will be part if package. 

4 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

There's a lot of pressure on jake playing for his hometown. As a few throughout this thread have suggested, I really think Jake has a better chance of realizing his potential outside of Vancouver. It's a shame because I also agree he's going to turn into a beast. Trading him is probably the right move though.

He'll be back as UFA in 3 or 4 years to help us win the cup. 

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

What are your thoughts on a fair trade?

'Fair' is a subjective term. The player is worth whatever a GM is willing to cough up for him. But the idea of a rebuilding team coughing up a young middle 6, a young 2nd pairing D and a 1st rd pick that will likely be somewhere from 10th-20th overall next year for a guy that's really a 'win now" guy scares me to death. If we were closer to being a contender, that'd be one thing.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, babalu said:

Look how long Sakic waited to trade Duchene. Completely destroyed Ottawa. If he doesn't get the clear win he doesn't make the deal.

Not necessarily true. I think he'd make a good hockey trade with Jim. Remember who it was he fleeced in the Duchene trade. 

If Byram is available at 4 I think we're landing Barrie.

Just now, babalu said:

Sakic is going to juice us for every asset he can. I will be suprised if this ends up being a fair trade.

I will be pleasantly surprised if this ends up being fair deal. 

Tanev/Stecher + JV + next years 1st

Barrie

I think anything more than that is over payment. 

1 minute ago, babalu said:

Sakic is going to juice us for every asset he can. I will be suprised if this ends up being a fair trade.

I’d be surprised too. These rumors have me nervous and worried that Benning feels pressured at home to make a splash. But he shouldn’t be making a splash for splash sake. Don’t mortgage the future of this franchise. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Barrie

Alot of Canuck fans think that is too much. Most Avs fans think they should get Horvat and a 1st.

So it is probably close to what a real deal will be. No one likes it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Barrie

I don't think we should be trading firsts personally. I would mind trading down to 16. We could end up having injuries next year and that pick could be top 10 again.

14 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

So if they get Byram they think Barrie is more expendable... or they see what forward they get and what other forward position they want back.

Makes sense... I hope the deal from Jim gets worse if he has to wait and not make other deals... it will be Sakic on the clock with the pressure  then.

Edited by Provost
  • Like 1

Just now, babalu said:

I don't think we should be trading firsts personally. I would mind trading down to 16. We could end up having injuries next year and that pick could be top 10 again.

It would be lottery protected.