The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks aggressively pursuing Tyson Barrie

3 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Perhaps all the rumours we are hearing are interconnected. We are pursuing Hoffman (and allows Florida to nab Panarin and Bobrovsky), who we then flip for Barrie (Avs get a top 6 forward). Not sure where the Lucic and Zaitsev rumours fit in, but maybe for addition of picks/prospects to balance out deals.

I could see that happening. I think Florida is in search of a 3c to bolster their center depth. Maybe a 2nd, prospect and Sutter gets it done. We can then flip Hoffman for Barrie and a pick.

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

barrie is another shrimp D man and that is not what this teams needs imo. I hope this does not happen.

Barrie is another shrimp D man that controls the pace of the game, transitions the puck just as well as any dman in the league, can put up 50-60 points and can actually play defense. This is what this team needs imp. I hope this happens.

11 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Pouliot is not great, but he's also not as bad as you all make him out to be. 

But according to your +/- Pouliot is better than Barrie.

I'm just saying don't use +/- as a way to prove something when there are too many factors that play into that state beyond a single player. It's single-handedly the worst stat you could use to prove something in hockey with.

1 hour ago, Seannnp said:

I mentioned this on HF

Sutter (50%), Hutton, 2nd in 2020 (becomes a 1st if Barrie resigns) - maybe we have to add in a prospect like Lind/Gadjo/Goldy to make it work

for

Barrie

Jost plays 2C along with Kerfoot and Landeskog and Sutter takes on the 3C role. I still believe Sutter is a 20/20 guy when healthy and the best option for 3c at 2.19million. They can select Byram with their 4th and run Byram, Makar, Girard and Timmins as their top 4 along with Hutton and Zadarov as their bottom pairing. I overvalue Hutton and Avs fans likely undervalue him. His true value is likely in between. He is a young two way defenseman that likely hits 35-40 points on an Avs team and can step into the top4 if needed at a sub 4m cap hit.

They can trade their 16thOA for Hoffman out of Florida and run him on the top line with MacK and Raatanen.

They already have Soderberg as C3. 

Zadorov is a LD like Hutton.  They also have Cole on LD signed at 4.25M for another 2 years as well as Girard.   

Edited by mll

15 minutes ago, The Lock said:

But according to your +/- Pouliot is better than Barrie.

I'm just saying don't use +/- as a way to prove something when there are too many factors that play into that state beyond a single player. It's single-handedly the worst stat you could use to prove something in hockey with. 

-41 is atrocious, no matter what you say.

35 minutes ago, Seannnp said:

I could see that happening. I think Florida is in search of a 3c to bolster their center depth. Maybe a 2nd, prospect and Sutter gets it done. We can then flip Hoffman for Barrie and a pick.

Hoffman seemingly gets flipped more than a mattress at a brothel.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Dhaliwal...….not the source he once was.

You know, he's still reliable... If Barrie is available and within a decent price range, why not? Im sure he'd like to play close to home. He comes back here every summer.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Here are some suggestions for Barrie to Vancouver from hfcolorado posters:

Kerfoot + Barrie for Horvat +...

I am sticking to my vancouver boiz barrie + kerfoot + 16 for Horvat and 10....

Barrie + 4 for Horvat + 10 is getting well received even by Nucks fans

Apparently we are all ok with trading Horvat for barrie...at least Avs fans say so lmao.

Yeah.....ummm...no thanks.

I mean... Barrie and the 4th would allow us to take a centre better than Horvat... 

The value is there, but the intangibles say its not a fair trade.

I think Colorado doesn't realizes what Horvat means to this organization.

6 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

You know, he's still reliable... If Barrie is available and within a decent price range, why not? Im sure he'd like to play close to home. He comes back here every summer.

He is probably more reliable than most, but he's taken on a Dreger type of reporting style in the last while that's annoying. He used to be far more factual and more less speculative, which was what separated him from the rest.

Just like with Kane, Weber, Lucic, and other players from the province, there is no guarantee that they want to "come home" to play just because they're from here, and vacation here in the summer.

I mean, Lucic said he wouldn't be against it, but those are words of a player dealing with being looked at and perceived as being over the hill in the league.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

He is probably more reliable than most, but he's taken on a Dreger type of reporting style in the last while that's annoying. He used to be far more factual and more less speculative, which was what separated him from the rest.

Just like with Kane, Weber, Lucic, and other players from the province, there is no guarantee that they want to "come home" to play just because they're from here, and vacation here in the summer.

I've met Barrie, and played with him in a tournie. He said then, he would love to play in Van.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, 5Fivehole0 said:

I've met Barrie, and played with him in a tournie. He said then, he would love to play in Van.

Cool. And Kane said he thinks that playing in Vancouver would have been cool. Same with Lucic, who got a free meal and an impromptu meeting with Mayor Moonbeam out of the deal.

I think these players, knowing that Vancouver fans are desperate to return to being a contender, might sometimes make those types of statements to placate Canucks fans, when realistically they have no intention of doing so.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Cool. And Kane said he thinks that playing in Vancouver would have been cool. Same with Lucic, who got a free meal and an impromptu meeting with Mayor Moonbeam out of the deal.

I think these players, knowing that Vancouver fans are desperate to return to being a contender, might sometimes make those types of statements to placate Canucks fans, when realistically they have no intention of doing so.

Wasnt sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but there's a bit of proof. My mom knows his dad pretty well, and Barrie truly would like to play for the Canucks.

That being said I kind of put it out of context, he has a lot of friends in Denver and loves playing there 

Screenshot_2019-06-20-14-23-19.png

• Upvote 1

what do you guys think about this proposal? 

10th OA to NYI for Dobson straight up.. or maybe we have to add a sweetner. 

they get a chance to draft Boldy or Caufield, we get a blue chip RD right shot defenceman who is ahead of development by a year. 

Just now, Trebreh said:

what do you guys think about this proposal? 

10th OA to NYI for Dobson straight up.. or maybe we have to add a sweetner. 

they get a chance to draft Boldy or Caufield, we get a blue chip RD right shot defenceman who is ahead of development by a year. 

Yes! I would love Dobson!

• Cheers 1