The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks aggressively pursuing Tyson Barrie

1 hour ago, Filthymitts32 said:

Not going to search this entire thread, but I have heard from someone close to the situation that the Canucks and avs have verbally agreed to a trade involving Barrie and the 16th for stecher and the 10th, believe there's more to it but those are the main pieces is what I was told. Thoughts? In my opinion I can't see that being enough to get Barrie and their 16th, but I'm no gm and won't pretend to be. 

Wooowwwoowowowow....you have inside info.

Please tell us more......hahahah.   Good god.

2 hours ago, Filthymitts32 said:

Not going to search this entire thread, but I have heard from someone close to the situation that the Canucks and avs have verbally agreed to a trade involving Barrie and the 16th for stecher and the 10th, believe there's more to it but those are the main pieces is what I was told. Thoughts? In my opinion I can't see that being enough to get Barrie and their 16th, but I'm no gm and won't pretend to be. 

This is from a poster named Cacuks on HF

Hahaha found your source....

Barrie, Hughes, Stecher, Biega.. Dmen all 5'10 or under. This would go against Benning's plan to get bigger. I think Stecher would have to be heading to the Avs.
Maybe #10 + Stecher for Barrie + #16. 
Canucks could draft Seider and the Avs get Bryam + a top F prospect.

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Can’t see this trade happening. I’d be surprised if it went through though. But man i would miss stetcher. He’s a warrior. 

Can't see it happening either. Seems like a light haul for a the Avs to just jump 6 spots and get a semi decent d-man. Tyson Barrie would probably require a 1st round pick and at least one A Grade prospect

6 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Wooowwwoowowowow....you have inside info.

Please tell us more......hahahah.   Good god.

You're probably fun at parties. I just posted something I heard from someone who knows the family well and you can't even have a conversation about it? I even said I can't see it happening myself without us adding something. Not trying to be a trade breaker, just trying to have a conversation. But hey good talk pal! 

6 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

This is from a poster named Cacuks on HF

Hahaha found your source....

Barrie, Hughes, Stecher, Biega.. Dmen all 5'10 or under. This would go against Benning's plan to get bigger. I think Stecher would have to be heading to the Avs.
Maybe #10 + Stecher for Barrie + #16. 
Canucks could draft Seider and the Avs get Bryam + a top F prospect.

To be fair, I’ve had that thought a few times.  

“if we trade for another small pmd, we will probably m be shipping out Stecher cuz we ain’t moving Hughes.”  

The 1st swap is pretty stock trade proposal... so this might not be plagiarism just following the usual path of most trade proposals.

That said, they get waaaaay more for Barrie even as a 1 year rental so, nah. 

13 minutes ago, Joscanucks said:

I can however see:

Demko, 10th, Hutton, madden or gaudette 

for 

barrie, 16th

Left side - Girard, Zadorov and Cole signed for another 2 years.  They don't really need Hutton. 

Edited by mll

Just now, Joscanucks said:

Agreed Hutton wouldn’t be a choice. Not sure who else they’d want. Can’t see horvat, unless the 4th is involved somehow

They want to improve their 2nd line.  They didn't have much scoring after their big-3.