The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks aggressively pursuing Tyson Barrie

12 minutes ago, Joscanucks said:

Agreed Hutton wouldn’t be a choice. Not sure who else they’d want. Can’t see horvat, unless the 4th is involved somehow

Benning didn’t mention Baertschi when talking about his top six forwards.

He might be a piece going out in a trade, he is cheap and I can’t imagine his trade value is more than a throw in.

7 minutes ago, sampy said:

No to trading Stecher, such a smart player. His high hockey IQ makes up for his size.

Offense makes up for size as far as defensemen goes. We really need to aim higher for our expectations of our team. Without Tanev/Edler, our D do not do well, just sayin.

20 minutes ago, Darius said:

Who tf makes this stuff up.. horvat for Barrie.  They should fire that radio station hack for not realizing the stupidity ... 

They likely saw it from Avs fans on HFBoards then giggled, "Oh man, let's post it up and watch the fanbase freak again.  So much fun triggering them."

Next up -- "Should the Canucks trade Boeser for Nylander?  Yea or nay?"

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Trevorbureburrows said:

What about something like horvat + 1st for Barrie and 4th OA if Turcotte is available? 

Perhaps this would work but no way in hell I’d want horvat off my team.

love this guy.

Edited by riffraff
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Trevorbureburrows said:

What about something like horvat + 1st for Barrie and 4th OA if Turcotte is available?

Why would Benning take a step backwards in the plan?  Horvat is clearly being groomed to lead the young team he's assembled, only to throw him away to fill another need?

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

By the sounds of it he may have had numerous offers, if reports of Barrie's availability are accurate.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Why would Benning take a step backwards in the plan?  Horvat is clearly being groomed to lead the young team he's assembled, only to throw him away to fill another need?

By the sounds of it he may have had numerous offers, if reports of Barrie's availability are accurate.

I get that it might be a step back for now and I'm not saying I'd do it but Turcotte is going to be a great player. Barrie isn't going to be cheap. Canucks would have to give up a lot to get him. Just saying this cause horvat got mentioned. 

33 minutes ago, Trevorbureburrows said:

I get that it might be a step back for now and I'm not saying I'd do it but Turcotte is going to be a great player. Barrie isn't going to be cheap. Canucks would have to give up a lot to get him. Just saying this cause horvat got mentioned. 

Plus you wanna compete while EP and Quin are still on on their ELC’s. You definitely need Bo Horvat to have any chance at that. 

• Upvote 3