The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

8 hours ago, Googlie said:

Good interview with him after yesterday's Abby game.  Seems to be relishing his PK time especially

He's getting roles in Abbotsford he probably wouldn't as a Canuck, he should spend the remainder of the season there. He'll get tastes of all sorts of roles over there. Powerplay, PK, top six. Much better than being stuck behind a logjam in Vancouver if the idea is to develop him. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He's getting roles in Abbotsford he probably wouldn't as a Canuck, he should spend the remainder of the season there. He'll get tastes of all sorts of roles over there. Powerplay, PK, top six. Much better than being stuck behind a logjam in Vancouver if the idea is to develop him. 

Plus, I think Collinton is turning out to be an exceptional developmental coach.  I am really impressed with his interviews.  Fully expect that next season, if not before, Bones, Lockwood, Karlsson and, ofc, Podz will be regulars with the big team.

I like the way he's now pairing Juulsen with Rathbone.  That was a thing for a few games last season ... our best defensive D Man with our best offensive (although Wolanin has something to say about that this season)

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Podkolzin had an assist today. He now has 5 points (2 goals, 3 assists) in 7 AHL games.

I’d like to see him really start taking over games there and play playoff games there 

hope he stays all szn like coconuts says 

• Cheers 1

On 12/10/2022 at 6:38 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

Makes me think that out going staff WILL sabotage a line up as petty retaliation. AQ should mitigate that with a viable Canuck consultant. 

The old poison pill trick, huh? Massive unloadable contracts, drain the farm, unload high draft slots for players you can’t retain, let players of value move on for no return - and I thought it was just plain old short range thinking and incompetence - little did I know!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 5:57 PM, Googlie said:

Plus, I think Collinton is turning out to be an exceptional developmental coach.  I am really impressed with his interviews.  Fully expect that next season, if not before, Bones, Lockwood, Karlsson and, ofc, Podz will be regulars with the big team.

I like the way he's now pairing Juulsen with Rathbone.  That was a thing for a few games last season ... our best defensive D Man with our best offensive (although Wolanin has something to say about that this season)

They will be if the Canucks can engineer some trades, I,e, some of Boeser, Horvat, Garland and Miller. Maybe bring up Wolanin if we finally give up on the Stillman mistake.

• 3 weeks later...