The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

On 8/24/2022 at 6:06 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Kuzmenko - Horvat - Podkolzin

That's 80 goals next season, IMO

Nah..... Podkolzin-Miller-Garland. That line was deadly down the stretch, and I can only imagine it getting better. My lines would be:

1A: Mikaheyev-Pettreson-Beoser

1B: Podkolzin-Miller-Garland

1C: Pearson-Horvat-Kuzmenko

4: Motte (1m please)-Lazar-Joshua

Lockwood-Hogs

If Kuzmenko can't go to RW, try Pearson there OR move Hogs up and trade Pearson. Unload Dickinson plus a sweetner.

Edited by BC_Hawk

28 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I know this is a Podkolzin thread, but I have high hopes that Höglander will have a break-out season (also).

Almost more of a bounce-back, given his solid rookie season.

• Cheers 2

Remember when he was rallying the Russian junior team during a time out? Larianov didn't even look, he just left it all to Podkolzin. 

I thought at the time, if his english was fluent Horvat's days as captain would be numbered. They're both good guys though and things might time out just right for a seamless transition down the line. 

Hope so anyway. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, frank einstein said:

Remember when he was rallying the Russian junior team during a time out? Larianov didn't even look, he just left it all to Podkolzin. 

I thought at the time, if his english was fluent Horvat's days as captain would be numbered. They're both good guys though and things might time out just right for a seamless transition down the line. 

Hope so anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

On 9/6/2022 at 12:43 PM, BC_Hawk said:

Nah..... Podkolzin-Miller-Garland. That line was deadly down the stretch, and I can only imagine it getting better. My lines would be:

1A: Mikaheyev-Pettreson-Beoser

1B: Podkolzin-Miller-Garland

1C: Pearson-Horvat-Kuzmenko

4: Motte (1m please)-Lazar-Joshua

Lockwood-Hogs

If Kuzmenko can't go to RW, try Pearson there OR move Hogs up and trade Pearson. Unload Dickinson plus a sweetner.

Flip Pods and Garland so Pods is the RW and that could be a dangerous line.  Miller makes any line dangerous. 
I like the idea of 2 scoring lines and one 2 way matchup line. 

I like Mikheyev with Petey and Podkolzin.  All 3 are defensive minded 2 way players.  They disrupt the oppositions plays and knock down pucks and intercept passes.  I can see that line as a real good matchup line.  That frees up Miller Boeser Kuzmenko for 1 line and Horvat , Pearson and Garland/Hoglander of the second line.  

Kuzmenko - JT Miller - Boeser

Garland/Hoglander - Horvat - Pearson

Mikheyev - Petey - Podkolzin 

I like Bruce’s options 

5 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

NHL Insiders think Podkolzin is going to have a breakout year. 

image.thumb.jpeg.46ba7109d22996e5b556f8de276de1ac.jpeg

I see big Podkolzin 21, 6'1, 208 lbs driving to the net using his decent speed and shot to cause havoc around the net..

Predict GP--75 -- G 21 -- PTS 44--47

Podkolzin will be very exciting to watch and should be playing beside Miller...

9 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"He's a pro already. The way he carries himself. He's humble and a great guy."

Look back at Vasily Podkolzin's first season in the NHL. He discusses his favourite cities, who takes him out for dinner, and what he wants to work on moving into this upcoming season.

His English is alot better then I thought. Loved when we drafted him and love him even more. Kids gunna be a beast for us for years to come. Mix between landskog/Hossa/ LeClair