The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

42 minutes ago, davidgoliath said:

Best wishes to Podz on a gritty response to the thug, Greer.

I hope some Canuck will take appropriate measures to avenge this.

However, since management has not filled the role of defender for the team, it is not likely to happen. The usual bs from what is basically a soft team. Frankly, I’m sick of it.

Miss the tough teams Vancouver use to have Brashear days, Odjick days and there were several other players that would take charge..

We have Schenn 6'2 - 225 -- Joshua 6'3 - 215 .... Team toughness maybe 3.5/10

26 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Was an interesting stat the other day showing Schenn leading the keague in hits this season ... the interesting thing was MacEwen at #3. I'm still sore at JB/TG losing Zack and Gadj for absolutely nothing (to make room for marginal callups no longer with us).  Inept management at its finest 

In some ways you feel bad for Schenn, he's rebuilt his game but he moved to Vcr to be close to his home. His wife is from Kelowna and that's where the family home is, ditto Myers. However I certainly believe he has good value if he was to be made available. I think he's respected by both management and players. He's 32 and a UFA next season

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Nice to see him scoring, I hope they just leave him in Abbotsford for a bit. Let him have some stability in the lineup, let him play in a top six role and get top six minutes. Let him feature on the powerplay and possibly the penalty kill. 

Vancouver's got a logjam or forwards and Podz is much better off playing important minutes than getting fourth line minutes or riding the pine in Vancouver imo. Particularly if the goal is to develop him into a top six player. 

Hell, I wouldn't be devastated if he spent the season in Abbotsford. If the Canucks sort out their forward log jam that's one thing, but otherwise I think he's better of playing in Abbotsford. 

• Like 2

On 11/17/2022 at 11:36 AM, Googlie said:

Was an interesting stat the other day showing Schenn leading the keague in hits this season ... the interesting thing was MacEwen at #3. I'm still sore at JB/TG losing Zack and Gadj for absolutely nothing (to make room for marginal callups no longer with us).  Inept management at its finest 

Makes me think that out going staff WILL sabotage a line up as petty retaliation. AQ should mitigate that with a viable Canuck consultant.