The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

J.T. Miller | #9 | C/W

tan

On 3/25/2023 at 5:33 AM, Phat Fingers said:

With JT Miller back at Center, his production and line driving and defensive play has been like his play of last year.

we played Petey, Miller and Horvat all at center last year for good chunks. 

JT got paid for that reason.

This year Bruce switched it back to JT Miller at LW and Bo and Petey at center with cannon fodder beneath that.

Horvat has been great, but he was never a line driver as much as a finisher.

So is why Alvin and Ruthford did not pick Bo over JT?  

Is JT’s entire game better because his minutes are higher and he is playing in the Center of the Ice, where he can pass or shoot with equal measure.  

JT’s wingers do better than Bo’s did.  

JT has decent face off numbers.

whatever is the reason for the dramatic difference between JT pre Bo and JT post Bo, I think simply that JT was frustrated that he was bumped from Center Ice, when he is a better Center than Bo. 

or so it could be argued.

it looks that way in the sample sizes from last season and this season when JT is at Center vs LW.

Thoughts? 

Was Bo a Kessler like player that just didn’t have the same overall vision of JT in play making, which also can translate into takeaways vs giveaways etc…?

Petey is in Selke talk.  The Short Handed Goals have been up significantly since the trade. 

This is also because the team seems to love RT and his fantastic approach.  

Seriously, I can understand why Alvin and Rutherford wanted RT for so long and were critical of the lack of structure in Bruce’s approach.

If they were not going to resign Bo which they weren’t and their offer was not serious.  Or they gave what they thought his max value was as a statement to the club and coach.  

But if they had targeted Hronek even in Pits, and Stevie Y called them first, and only them.  Could the pre buying price of Hronek already been determined prior to the Bo trade to Long Island?

So really this trade could be a slow 3 way… (lol) with Van, the Islanders and Wings with a 1st for Hornet for Bo.  

And a 2nd for AB, Raty, and a 4th.   

one, there was no way RT was walking into a situation that wasn’t resolved yet.

With Demko injured, the season was pooched almost from day one.

and then there is the Bruce vs Rick debate.

Lol… just like the eighties…

But there are three major changes and we have just gotten the first look at Hronek.

we are getting a decent first rounder that could easily be a RHD….please Riechbacher (sp?) and trade away one of the two Garland of Brock.  Take a loss and use the cap dump to address positional problems in FA, NCAA or Euro FA.  

Brock is a legit 20g man with some better playmaking and his tough love in Vancouver is forcing him to work harder.

plenty of places he could easily recover his production and give any second line a shooter and or play maker, and or PP guy.  

he is just not a line driver.  But his is proven and now that he has felt the harder part of playing in Vancouver, a less intense market would be good for him,

he looks pale, maybe some sun would do him some good.

Ramble Ramble.

Glad to see JT turn it around.

with that shit early in the year, I was all for shipping him to pits.  

I am certain that his strange pre trade ‘week to week’ status was due to the train incident in the middle of his home town, one hour from Pits, in Ohio.

So if there is a guy to sign to a 8m deal, sign a US guy that loves Ohio… Columbus would love to have a guy like JT at anytime.

lol. 

phats.

Haven’t been around for a while.

laid up at home on Buscapan to help with long term muscle spasms in my abdomen that have put my into Acute Pancretitis and the hospital a few times.

thought I was possibly dying because my abdo pain was for months and the local hospital refused to even consider my physical state, or symptoms, called me ‘psycho somatic’ because they did not want to relate my injures suffered I at the hands of the Local RCMP and my Employer EHS NS (I have an active human rights complaint that the NS Human Rights Commission won’t even respond to against my employer) the ambulance service, injured my pelvis when they body slammed me without cause or provocation within 60-90 seconds of me coming to the door in sock feet pants and tee shirt.  This was on 2022-.09.15

then after two RCMP officers slam me onto my right hip, I am lying at their feet, and the shorter one, says, ‘Don’t Flee! Tazer! Tazer! Tazer!’ And shoots my in my left hip with one barb as I dodged him aiming the Tazer directly at my groin.

After tazing I rolled over and was completely compliant and they cuffed me without locking the cuffs twice, cutting off my circulation to both hands for 4-5 fours while I was bound behind my back after I had my right SI joint ‘Un Fused’ as I had been diagnosed with Fused SI joints in 2020, and a curved spine, from right to left and ribs dislocated on the right, I felt my left arm pop out of its socket and back in and from that point on, I have become barely able to walk and or work at all.  

the local RCMP in Antigonish NS got caught by me, fudging paperwork that my ex and my exes supper connected attorney have been using against me for two years.  Last year they arrested my girlfriend who has suffered a brutal home invasion and sexual assault 5 weeks prior, for drinking in her car, she relapsed into Acohol after the assault,  she is a Mental Health RN.

then in cells after a male officer strip searched her by himself, then when she thought she was being released, he struck her 28 times.  I have the images and after I got him suspended, the cops came for me.

that’s why I got beaten up on 2022-09-15.  They also locked me in the local Prison in Solitary for 72 hours, for walking on my shared property with my ex that we are selling after my ex lawyer said there was no court order against it.

no person was home.

I was on the property for 3 minutes and left.  Touched nothing, did not even approach the home.

15 minutes later, I got beat down.  I had no reason to avoid the cameras so I did not.  

It has gotten so bad that I have got the Husband of the Family Court Justice, the Chief Crown Prosecutor and his Jr Crown Prosecution all failing to adhere  to his wife, the Justices issued court orders, with the RCMP to allow me to charged 25 times criminally to what was only a non criminal court order breach and subject to a fine only.

a Facebook message to my ex after our split as a self litigator when seeking to get her and legal counsel to a private mediation.  

no threats or crimes committed.

after the first charge, every subsequent charge and or order was solely issued through an abuse of the. ‘victim service’ support by her local friends and family that live all around me as I am holed up in a home with my parents who moved out from BC to be with their grand daughter.

shit show.

the Justice had to recuse and the local Crown has tried everything it could too.

I was an advanced Care paramedic when this started.

Now I live in NS and am so injured I am on social assistance, when I should be working and having a side gig of building houses while being an awesome dad to a fantastic smart beautiful daughter.

but I did not grown up here and will never be a local.

I will heal.  Super good at that and never ran from a fight in my life.

wish me luck,

Phats.

I recall some of your posts from years ago when you were known on here as East West or something along that line. You really should consider moving back out West and bring daughter and any other significant others with you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anybody else feel that all this discourse around JT and Pettersson being from different worlds, having to find common ground on the ice/as part of a team, etc. is actually a good thing?

Pettersson talked so much early on in his career about wanting to establish his off-ice brand, and was way more active on social media, especially with regard to "high-fashion".

Now he's dressing-down (Dadcore?), posting less, and letting his play on the ice speak for him. 

I can't help but feel that ultra-conservative JT is not exactly the cancer he's made out to be, and is in fact helping our flashy young guys realize it's a privilege to play this game for a living.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, nergish said:

Does anybody else feel that all this discourse around JT and Pettersson being from different worlds, having to find common ground on the ice/as part of a team, etc. is actually a good thing?

Pettersson talked so much early on in his career about wanting to establish his off-ice brand, and was way more active on social media, especially with regard to "high-fashion".

Now he's dressing-down (Dadcore?), posting less, and letting his play on the ice speak for him. 

I can't help but feel that ultra-conservative JT is not exactly the cancer he's made out to be, and is in fact helping our flashy young guys realize it's a privilege to play this game for a living.

Good post, I never gave it much thought (Petey now showing up in a baggy hoodie, etc), whereas before he seemed as lot more hoiti-toiti. Petey seems to be pretty grounded, quiet, confident, mature.

And damn, 102 points last year. I think he can beat it next season. Kuzmenko is working out like a mofo on the beach with his trainer, and I'm sure Petey is lifting, building up that upper body strength. Those two are gonna rip it up. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hate that his no trade protection kicked in.

No team would have given JT 7x8 in free agency. Canucks were betting that he would have got 8 or more in FA, but based on what we saw, there was no chance any team would have given him that money. Some people were greatful that the JT trade chatter would calm down after July 1. For me, it will just be replaced with anger and despair at how this management group is sanbagging any competitive window we may have had with QH, Demko and EP40.

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

8 minutes ago, Lumme21 said:

Hate that his no trade protection kicked in.

No team would have given JT 7x8 in free agency. Canucks were betting that he would have got 8 or more in FA, but based on what we saw, there was no chance any team would have given him that money. Some people were greatful that the JT trade chatter would calm down after July 1. For me, it will just be replaced with anger and despair at how this management group is sanbagging any competitive window we may have had with QH, Demko and EP40.

This MGMT group kept the better player in Miller and we got some really solid assets from the Bo deal (Bo is now highly overpaid and he's not an impact, game changer type player-who for being built like a truck, plays like a smart car).  

-Raty- future 3rd line C or perhaps a solid 2C if he can reach such heights

-Beau- nice complementary winger who can help us compete this season and potentially be sold at the deadline for something

-Hronek- a top pairing RD whose age coincides well with your 'competitive window'

-*Most importantly, we kept the right guy. He plays in all situations and runs the 1st PP. Plus under Tocchet's guidance and team first expectations, Miller will thrive for the next 4-5 years as a Canuck hovering around a PPG pace!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

This MGMT group kept the better player in Miller and we got some really solid assets from the Bo deal (Bo is now highly overpaid and he's not an impact, game changer type player-who for being built like a truck, plays like a smart car).  

-Raty- future 3rd line C or perhaps a solid 2C if he can reach such heights

-Beau- nice complementary winger who can help us compete this season and potentially be sold at the deadline for something

-Hronek- a top pairing RD whose  age coincides well with your 'competitive window'

-*Most importantly, we kept the right guy. He plays in all situations and runs the 1st PP. Plus under Tocchet's guidance and team first expectations, Miller will thrive for the next 4-5 years as a Canuck hovering around a PPG pace!!!

On a contending team, Raty is irrelevant, Beau is benched, and Hronek is either a 2 or 3. Not debated that we needed to trade Bo, but trading Bo needed to happen in tandem with trading Miller. Had the canucks kept the picks from the Bo trade, they could have had Willander AND Oiver Moore or ASP, plus second round picks such as a Cristial or Gauthier and additional prospects. As well, having traded Miller and Bo, they would have likely properly tanked and had a chance at Fantili or Bedard, or at minimum would have had Reinbacher or Michkov.

This team lacks the elite talent needed to be a cup contender.

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1