Podz Petey boeser

Hogz Bo Garland

Pearson Barron Dickinson

Motte Lammiko Lockwood

Chychrun Myers

Hughes Schneider

OEL Schenn

boom!!!!

...and in 5 years, when Barron is anchoring the third line in Abbotsford and Chychrun is just another average #4, while Rathbone is a #2 and "McDonut" is banging home 30 goal seasons and the 1st is a perennial all-star, we will be sitting here saying the Canucks Curse strikes again.

Edited by Playoff Beered
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

As long as his foot speed is ready for the NHL. His shot does.

I don't find foot speed is often the issue with the younger players coming into the league, they are all fast now days and elite skating is practiced and preached more than ever at younger ages. The issue is more often mental, whether they are ready for the pace of the NHL game...not pace as in foot speed but mental pace in how quickly they need to make decisions and process things. 

Edited by CJ44

1 hour ago, CJ44 said:

I don't find foot speed is often the issue with the younger players coming into the league, they are all fast now days and elite skating is practiced and preached more than ever at younger ages. The issue is more often mental, whether they are ready for the pace of the NHL game...not pace as in foot speed but mental pace in how quickly they need to make decisions and process things. 

It's a big jump, going from the foot speed in College, to the NHL. It's also a huge jump on the physical and mental preparation needed to survive 82 game schedule as well as playoffs.

I think McDonough will do well, but fans need to temper expectations, not everyone comes out of College and immediately succeeds like Boeser and Hughes.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

It's a big jump, going from the foot speed in College, to the NHL. It's also a huge jump on the physical and mental preparation needed to survive 82 game schedule as well as playoffs.

I think McDonough will do well, but fans need to temper expectations, not everyone comes out of College and immediately succeeds like Boeser and Hughes.

I expect McDonough to be a bottom six player. If he exceeds expectations, he may be a decent middle six forward. but I’m also curious about his foot speed. His shot looks NHL ready. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We need to either sing this guy this spring or trade his rights.  Can’t afford to lose him in 2023 for nothing.  

Could always go the Lockwood route; talk to him this offseason and if he wants to go back for his senior year ask him outright if he will sign after and if he agrees then let him go back and if not then you can look at trading his rights.

But I don't think that will be an issue, I fully expect him to sign as soon as Northeastern's season is over.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I like this guy a lot. His speed has improved each year (heard an interview in the summer by the coach at Northeastern but I can't remember who was doing the interview).  He has descent size and good hands.  Apparently he is a good character guy and is friends with Rathbone and Demko.  I think he will be a solid mid-6 left winger. B)

• Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 9:06 AM, Harold Drunken said:

Yeah, the defining characteristic of most nhl players is the speed at which they process the game - that’s why a guy that skates like Schenn can still play and be effective - especially when paired with a mobile guy... or woman... there’s a Monte Python riff there somewhere...

On 1/26/2022 at 12:51 AM, N4ZZY said:

I expect McDonough to be a bottom six player. If he exceeds expectations, he may be a decent middle six forward. but I’m also curious about his foot speed. His shot looks NHL ready. 

His foot speed is much better than last year, and he works on it big time in the off-season.

• 3 weeks later...