The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

We still have a first rd pick coming in the ext two years, we still have both 2nds, someone like Pearson could become redundant if Miller pans out and Hoglander lights up the SHL and comes over next year. Drafting Podkolzin makes Virtanen more of a trade chip. Juolevi is still a potential trade chip.

It's not like we don't have options if something comes up for the right guy.

Get out of here with your reality talk!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

The fact that he is actually in Van vs the other cities likely means we get first crack at making it work. 

Could be too much being made of this. The entire league and all the agents are in Vancouver for the draft. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm pretty terrified of the contract we may end up handing him. 6-7 mill for 5 or 6 years. by year 3 or 4 that contract could be a huge albatross. I'd be much more comfortable making a trade for someone like a Colin Miller and absorbing Clarkson's cap hit for the last remaining year.

We barely have the cap space to do that, unless we somehow offload Loui. We have 17.8m space with AT LEAST 7m+ of that going to Boeser. 5.25 to Clarkson and 3.8 to Miller. Idk if that's the right play to make. 

3 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

The draft is over, and he just got into town.... 

Id guess Vancouver is a very real possibility for him.  

Yeah, he might have just got here but the ENTIRE LEAGUE AND ALL THE AGENTS WERE ALREADY HERE FOR THE DRAFT. If you're going to interview with teams, there's no better place to meet with several possible suitors.

37 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Sharks are reportedly hearing offers on Brendan Dillon. Hopefully Benning is showing interest, as he checks a lot of boxes. Replaces Schenn’s physicality and then some, cap hit of $3.27M, slots into the top four immediately. 

According to Kevin Kurz who covers the Sharks for the Athletic:

As 

has reported, the Sharks could be willing to move Brenden Dillon and his $3.27 million salary cap hit in the right deal

Dillon is just another bottom pairing D. He is physical, but he is a bottom pairing D. If you disagree go read the Sharks boards.

4 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

We barely have the cap space to do that, unless we somehow offload Loui. We have 17.8m space with AT LEAST 7m+ of that going to Boeser. 5.25 to Clarkson and 3.8 to Miller. Idk if that's the right play to make. 

Salary can be moved. Tanev, Sutter, the massive glut of bottom 6 left wingers we have. I'm much more worried about what Myers salary will do to us in 5 years when we're a legit contender than I am what Clarkson's salary will do to us this year.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Beagle is not going anywhere, guy is needed. 

Not saying we trade them all. Just enough to free up cap for a good FA. We have 18 million now and still need to sign Boeser. We have a glutton if bottom 6 forwards taking up cap space. Move 2-3 we have room for more. 

Spooner Beagle Pearson Sutter Baertschi Roussell. You could afford to move 2 maybe 3 or them. 

Personally would like to see another top 6 forward added. Imagine an off-season with JT Miller and perhaps a big name like Panarin or a smaller name like Zuccarello or Nyqvuist if you don’t want to spend crazy on Artemi

our top 6 would be a lot more dangerous. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

17 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Dillon is just another bottom pairing D. He is physical, but he is a bottom pairing D. If you disagree go read the Sharks boards.

The Sharks boards wouldn’t happen to be anything like these boards, would they?

He didn’t play entirely on the bottom pairing last season at all. If I’m not mistaken he was paired with Karlsson at times. 

Regardless, this team needs some size and power on the defense, and Dillon is a very large (6’4 226 lbs) defenseman who plays with an edge at all times. He’d be welcome here, I’m sure. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Not saying we trade them all. Just enough to free up cap for a good FA. We have 18 million now and still need to sign Boeser. We have a glutton if bottom 6 forwards taking up cap space. Move 2-3 we have room for more. 

Spooner Beagle Pearson Sutter Baertschi Roussell. You could afford to move 2 maybe 3 or them. 

Personally would like to see another top 6 forward added. Imagine an off-season with JT Miller and perhaps a big name like Panarin or a smaller name like Zuccarello or Nyqvuist if you don’t want to spend crazy on Artemi

Beagle won't be going anywhere imo and is sorely needed on the 4th line.

Pearson beasted it with Horvat after the trade. He will be back on that line.

Roussell played well before the injury and is a good 3rd line LW.

The others can all leave though as far as I am concered: Spooner, Sutter, Baer, Granlund, Goldy, and some of the D. Byeeeeee

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Sharks boards wouldn’t happen to be anything like these boards, would they?

He didn’t play entirely on the bottom pairing last season at all. If I’m not mistaken he was paired with Karlsson at times. 

Regardless, this team needs some size and power on the defense, and Dillon is a very large (6’4 226 lbs) defenseman who plays with an edge at all times. He’d be welcome here, I’m sure. 

Well he is a 3rd pairing D.

However, I would be ok getting him due to his nastiness if we could trade Hutton.

• Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, he might have just got here but the ENTIRE LEAGUE AND ALL THE AGENTS WERE ALREADY HERE FOR THE DRAFT. If you're going to interview with teams, there's no better place to meet with several possible suitors.

Caps locking make people look like d!ckheads.   You are better than that. 

Edited by drummerboy
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

The others can all leave though as far as I am concered: Spooner, Sutter, Baer, Granlund, Goldy, and some of the D. Byeeeeee

I think Goldy sticks around especially with Podkolzin being drafted. Maybe politics, but still. As for the others absolutely they can all go. Don't mind if Baer stuck around but I do think he is movable. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I was pointing out names for example. I’d personally keep Pearson and Roussell. 

You move 2 of Spooner Baer Sutter without taking cap back you free up 7.5 million.  That’s a top 6 forward right there. 

You get what I am saying though bro?  

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 2

I like Tyler Myers, but I see the analytics crowd really doesnt. Kind of reminds me (tho they arent the same players) of stuff said about Gudbranson when we got him.

We need defense so badly. And the Miller trade signalled we're going for it now. So Im expecting a full court press for Myers.

6 x 6 seems to be the minimum. So this contract will have anchor potential no matter what it looks like. But at this point I feel like we have no choice.

I view Myers as a solid 2nd pair D. #3-4. He'll be an upgrade over whoever would replace Tanev for his injured half of the year.

• Upvote 1