Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Judd Bracket's 2019 Draft Summary

Rate this topic


Bissurnette
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Jaku said:

Judd Brackett is one of the most underrated Canucks staff members. The guy really knows what he's doing and no one talks about him.

Better that way, otherwise it's just a matter of time before he's poached somewhere else to be assistant GM.  We need to enjoy and maximize his skills as much as we can while it lasts..

Edited by timberz21
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jaku said:

Judd Brackett is one of the most underrated Canucks staff members. The guy really knows what he's doing and no one talks about him.

He is an excellent communicator. Hopefully one day he does get a gm gig. Judd is rising quickly in the hockey world.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

A director of goaltending? What exactly is that role.. the team has like 7-8 goalies - a director title seems a bit much. :lol:

I think it’s one of those jobs where they’re keeping him around in an advisory capacity because they like him, and also probably because he’s already getting paid guaranteed money on his contract, but Ian Clark is “the guy” when it comes to our goalies. The title of “Director of Goaltending” sounds like Cloutier’s higher up the ladder, but I doubt Clark is his subordinate. Apparently Cloutier took a step back in his duties, for “family reasons” (citing the travel demands as too much), and was given this new title for whatever work he continues to do with the organization.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Typos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Delorme for all the wrong reasons. 

 

7 hours ago, Silver Ghost said:

Thats a good thing. 

 

Look how much people talked about Delorme etc. over the years.

Delorme was the first to identify Pettersson before Benning and his other scouts at 14 years old. Benning credits Delorme for his find.

 

I think a lot of people, including myself, have been wrong about Delorme.

  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think it’s one of those jobs where they’re keeping him around in an advisory capacity because they like him, and also probably because he’s already getting paid guaranteed money on his contract, but Ian Clark is “the guy” when it comes to our goalies. The title of “Director of Goaltending” sounds like Cloutier’s higher up the ladder, but I doubt Clark is his subordinate. Apparently Cloutier took a step back in his duties, for “family reasons” (citing the travel demands as too much), and was given this new title for whatever work he continues to do with the organization.

I think his inputs are still valued, as evidenced by Brackett referencing Clark AND Cloutier. For all the hate Cloutier gets for his playoff performances, it is truly undeserved when it comes to his time as an advisor of goaltending. People are so toxic. For a time, Demko in particular liked Cloutier, especially when they were working together. That was before Ian Clark came in.

 

It's possible that the Canucks never thought Cloutier was 'the guy' but the fact that Ian Clark was able to come back, it was a no-brainer to snag him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

 

Delorme was the first to identify Pettersson before Benning and his other scouts at 14 years old. Benning credits Delorme for his find.

 

I think a lot of people, including myself, have been wrong about Delorme.

Actually he wasn’t.  There was a guy that lived near where he played and got Delmore to come and see him...I’m sorry I can’t remember his name right now but he was adamant that he come and wouldn’t leave them alone until he did.  He’s an old scout for the franchise I’d have to look through some old mags to find his name.   Delmore got the credit for it, and if course he deserves a lot of it,  but without this other guy this would have never happened and we’d have Glass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

 

Delorme was the first to identify Pettersson before Benning and his other scouts at 14 years old. Benning credits Delorme for his find.

 

I think a lot of people, including myself, have been wrong about Delorme.

I've summed it up before with Delorme, wrong guy for the wrong role. He was maybe in over his head as director of scouting. Not communicating properly with the rest of his scouts. The overall organization of their scouting program was confusing. When Benning came in he kept quite a few of the old staff including Delorme. Organized things better, brought in Brackett as director and completely overhauled our scouting system. Now we see a system where communication has become the main focal point. They are all on the same page. It's so nice to see. And now Delorme is back into a more comfortable role as a scout and he's rebounded. I feel bad because I hacked on the guy hard back on the day. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I think his inputs are still valued, as evidenced by Brackett referencing Clark AND Cloutier. For all the hate Cloutier gets for his playoff performances, it is truly undeserved when it comes to his time as an advisor of goaltending. People are so toxic. For a time, Demko in particular liked Cloutier, especially when they were working together. That was before Ian Clark came in.

 

It's possible that the Canucks never thought Cloutier was 'the guy' but the fact that Ian Clark was able to come back, it was a no-brainer to snag him.

Yeah, I didn’t mean to sound critical of Clouts. I think he did good work here in his capacity as a goalie coach, and is probably still a valuable part of the team staff. I think the Clark hiring just happened to coincide with Cloutier wanting to scale back his coaching duties, so he can spend more time with his family. A happy coincidence. The new position as “Director of Goaltending” makes way for Clarky to come in as “Goalie Coach” and do what he does best, and still allows Cloutier space to have a role in the organization. So far, at least from the outside, it appears to be working well for everyone. I doubt either one of Clark or Cloutier really cares too much about their actual titles.

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...