The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lazar and Rychel not qualified

HKSR

21 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

He's not a quick enough skater. Had all the other tools but he's never going to be a NHL player unless somehow he makes changes to his skating like Bo did.

That's what makes it appealing to me. If he works his butt of and improves skating he could be serviceable.

Just now, Analyst82 said:

That's what makes it appealing to me. If he works his butt of and improves skating he could be serviceable.

Question you have to ask is, why hasn't he by now? Maybe he just can't improve enough? He's 24, he's had ample time. I think at this stage he is what he is. Would be useful in Utica though as a RH center

4 minutes ago, Analyst82 said:

2 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Question you have to ask is, why hasn't he by now? Maybe he just can't improve enough? He's 24, he's had ample time. I think at this stage he is what he is. Would be useful in Utica though as a RH center

Broke into the league in 2014/15, probably too late to get much more, if any speed.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rekker said:

Both too slow for the modern game. I fear the same for Gadjovich. Watched him this summer in Penticton and he looked a step behind. Hope I'm wrong. 

I don’t think you’re wrong, and I don’t think that what Bo did is even possible for most players.  Too many think that just get a skating coach and they will be fast.  Only one example of that working from what I’ve seen.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Upvote 2

Calgary's Lazar trade is basically their version of the Vey trade. Great AHL player that just couldn't put his game together at the next level.

I'm surprised Rychel never got more of a chance though. He puts up strong AHL numbers as well, but for whatever reason hasn't gotten more than 4 NHL games in a season since the 2015-16 season, netting 9 points in 32 games. Never been given more than a cup of coffee in the NHL since.

Can anyone tell me why Rychel never got more of a shot in the NHL? Was there some sort of underlying problem or something? Because, just looking at his games, it seems like he was never even given a chance.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Calgary's Lazar trade is basically their version of the Vey trade. Great AHL player that just couldn't put his game together at the next level.

I'm surprised Rychel never got more of a chance though. He puts up strong AHL numbers as well, but for whatever reason hasn't gotten more than 4 NHL games in a season since the 2015-16 season, netting 9 points in 32 games. Never been given more than a cup of coffee in the NHL since.

Can anyone tell me why Rychel never got more of a shot in the NHL? Was there some sort of underlying problem or something? Because, just looking at his games, it seems like he was never even given a chance.

Too slow. 

5 hours ago, Losing With Pride said:

Yeah a team that almost finished last in the league trading away a potential lottery pick.  Why would they go crazy over that?

Almost finished last? We had almost 20 more points than Ottawa. How does that math work? Also, that "potential lottery pick" is more likely to be a 15th-20th overall pick than it is to be a top 3 pick. But hey, keep crying about milk that hasn't come close to spilling.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Almost finished last? We had almost 20 more points than Ottawa. How does that math work? Also, that "potential lottery pick" is more likely to be a 15th-20th overall pick than it is to be a top 3 pick. But hey, keep crying about milk that hasn't come close to spilling.

Jesus Christ man I was being facetious. We were 5 wins away from being second last. 

How is do you know it’s going to be likely a 15-20th overall pick? Because we “should” make the playoffs? You talk about crying about milk that hasn’t come  close to spilling yet? Let’s not ignore the giant elephant in the room. This could blow up in our faces.