The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Colin Miller to Sabres for 2021 2nd-round pick, 2022 5th-round pick

Unless they gave up a big price for Miller this trade bothers me as a Canucks fan.  There have been so many rhd d-men traded the Canucks should have got one also Miller’s salary will be about half of Myers, yet he’s just as good.  There are many top 6 forwards we could sign if we traded for a D-man. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, brian42 said:

Maybe Vegas won’t trade within the division so they keep looking to the east. 

What does this mean?

You want to cut off half or more your trading partners because the fear that the player you trade away will have an axe to grind when they face you?

That is not at all a high price to pay for a guy with that contract.  I guess we are locked into Myers at the moment and won’t move on another player until we know if we get him or not.

Edited by Provost
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

What does this mean?

You want to cut off half or more your trading partners because the fear that the player you trade away will have an axe to grind when they face you?

Not so much an axe as it simply improves opponent.  If I was a GM I’d make a trade anywhere, where ever I could get the best deal, just a possible reason which some GMs use a reason to determine trading partners also depends what kind of a trade it is. 

Im trying to figure out why JB hasn’t been in on any of these right side d that are being traded. 

Edited by brian42
  • Upvote 1