The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Colin Miller to Sabres for 2021 2nd-round pick, 2022 5th-round pick

18 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

If tanev and Hughes are paired together......I'm scared that's a soft pairing and who's going to clear the crease??

Tanev will block it before the puck even gets to the net but unfortunately break his ulna in the process and Schenn will be Hughes’s partner.

• Haha 2

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Haha, that could work.  Doesn't his brother play for Buffalo as well?  In the minors.  If I was Toronto I would do that deal, not so much if I was Buffalo.

The Sabres are reportedly shopping one useless Nylander brother, there's no way that they'll add on the highly overpaid under-performing older Nylander instead.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

a lot more than it took to get Miller and a lot more than the Canucks can, or should, offer.  UFA is the best plan for them, imo

Yeah I think you are right.  But 7x7 is gonna hurt for Myers.  But probably not as much pain as the assets that would have to be given to Buffalo for Risto.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

And coaches don’t scratch guys for good defensive play.  Coaches scratch guys for indifferent and poor defensive play.  

I really don’t get the hype for this player.  He’s a fringe NHL guy, who played in the ideal system for him.  In Buffalo this guy is going to be a “Green Jacket” candidate.   

I think Miller is probably a little better than a fringe player but, like most players, he does have his warts. Personally, I think the simple reason that GMJB didn't seek out Colin Miller is likely he was not that high on him. Vegas fans weren't overly impressed with him.

How would you grade Colin Miller’s 2018-19 performance?

This poll is closed.

• 5%
    A
    (6 votes)

• 35%
    B
    (44 votes)

• 52%
    C
    (64 votes)

• 6%
    D
    (8 votes)

• 2%
    F
    (2 votes)

124 votes total

Statistics courtesy of NHL.com and Natural S

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’d be happy to get Risto, but the cost in trade would be really high.  Risto would cost Gaudette and Jake and madden and picks.  Myers cost and extra 2 million more than Risto’s cap, and we don’t give up assets.  

I would give one of those guys plus a roster player and a pick but not all three.

Madden + Tanev + 2nd

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I would give one of those guys plus a roster player and a pick but not all three.

Madden + Tanev + 2nd

I don’t think Buffalo would accept.  Great trade for us though.  They could have Sutter too. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yeah I think you are right.  But 7x7 is gonna hurt for Myers.  But probably not as much pain as the assets that would have to be given to Buffalo for Risto.

Most of what I've read is saying the Canucks have no intention of signing him to that contract, so I'm not sure where people are getting those numbers 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

The Sabres are reportedly shopping one useless Nylander brother, there's no way that they'll add on the highly overpaid under-performing older Nylander instead.

Toronto also probably doesn't want yet another defensive liability on their blueline when Muzzin is the only guy they have capable of playing like an NHLer in his own end.  Mind you, it's just like Dumbass to follow up the addition by subtraction of Gardiner by trading for another pylon.

Only way the Leafs get rid of their useless floater is the same way they got rid of Marleau. 

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, iinatcc said:

2. Reports from the draft floor indicated not many teams were calling Tampa asking about JT Miller. So it's not like there was a heated bidding war for him.

I watched the draft for hours on the day off.  What you say is not true at all. :picard:

Source????

Anybody mention yet that the 2nd round pick is the St. Louis pick from the ROR trade?  So basically closer to the bottom of the round than the top!  :P

This cheap pick-up of a 2nd pairing d-man is looking better and better.  ::D

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

Most of what I've read is saying the Canucks have no intention of signing him to that contract, so I'm not sure where people are getting those numbers 

I'm thinking those are the numbers that the UFA market would be looking at right now.  Depends how many teams are in the mix.  If it's 5 or 6 then I think those numbers are realistic.  If it's 1 or 2 then a 6x6 might be doable.  I doubt he signs for less than 6.  But I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Anybody mention yet that the 2nd round pick is the St. Louis pick from the ROR trade?  So basically closer to the bottom of the round than the top!  :P

where's my crying emoji 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

It's a great trade for Buffalo really.  If you can offload Risto for a high end forward then you've had a good summer.

Just now, KeslerWho? said:

where's my crying emoji 

Do what some others are doing on CDC.  Consider him barely better than an AHL level d-man knowing all the while that if the Canucks picked him up this cheaply, everyone would be hooting and hollering in happiness while singing JB's praises.  :lol:

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's a great trade for Buffalo really.  If you can offload Risto for a high end forward then you've had a good summer.

I'd rather have 2 solid young middle 6'ers than one high end forward.

• Wat 1