The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Rangers to offer Panarin 11.25M X 7 years

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Two things:

One, if Panarin signs with the Rangers it's obvious he's more about money than winning. In that case hard pas on a player like that.

Two, I gotta think this is gonna be another Hossa like contract if any team signs hi for that. Great if you win a few cups. But it's not likely that the team that signs him will.

With Panarin I just get the sense that he wants to play in a "cool" city like New York or Florida.  

Think of his view of different North American cities.  New York and Florida are pretty glamorous cities, come with a reputation and he wants to live in one of those two.  Can't really blame him.  

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

With Panarin I just get the sense that he wants to play in a "cool" city like New York or Florida.  

Think of his view of different North American cities.  New York and Florida are pretty glamorous cities, come with a reputation and he wants to live in one of those two.  Can't really blame him.  

Florida isn't glamorous, at all. The arena like half an hour from Fort Lauderdale, which is kind of like the Okanagan of Florida. Lots of old people. The only real draw there is the low income tax.

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Since when is Florida a city? :lol:

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'm just going to add that I'd rather have Panarin at $11 mil/year then LE at $6.  

This is too much money because how can you justify giving EP anything less then $10, when he comes up for a contract?  

Agreed

panarin11>>>>>>loui6

10 minutes ago, xereau said:

Florida isn't glamorous, at all. The arena like half an hour from Fort Lauderdale, which is kind of like the Okanagan of Florida. Lots of old people. The only real draw there is the low income tax.

Agreed.

and Miami is like glitzy trash if you feel me.

9 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Since when is Florida a city? :lol:

Haha ah you know what I mean, Miami!  I can't even name the USA Prime Minister right now ;) 

6 minutes ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

Is he really that good?

I know he is good but... 11.25mil good?

Seems ridiculous

I agree. I can’t believe those numbers. Rather have 2 JT Millers in my top 6 than one Panarin. The salary would be even cheaper for the 2 Millers....

A couple beers will always be better than a slice of bread :bigblush:

Edited by grandmaster
  • Upvote 1

Panarin is excellent, but I don't think he is worth that.

I think the more we see teams like Toronto and Edmonton hand out these huge contracts, the more we will all realize it is very difficult to maintain the rest of the team.  Besides that, as good as these guys are, GMs are placing a lot of eggs in one basket.  Your superstar goes down and you arent left with much else.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Monty said:

Off the top of my head, only two other wingers in the league make their teammates better, like Panarin, and that’s Kane and Marner. The guy deserves to get paid because he does it all, both offensively and defensively.

And, on the same note with the Rangers, their defensive core just improved greatly with Trouba and Fox. And, with Kakko and Kravtsov playing next season as well, their team will be a lot better next season. To the point where they’ll be buyers at the deadline.

Uhhhhh Ovechkin?

• Thanks 1