The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Jimmy Vesey to Sabres for 2021 3rd-round pick

1 minute ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

Adding Miller & Vesey. Sounds like they plan on shipping out a BOGO, Risto or another? 

Adding Miller alone would look like they're shipping out one RD, but I don't see how adding Vesey who is a forward makes it any more likely. They simply needed another top 6 guy.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Adding Miller alone would look like they're shipping out one RD, but I don't see how adding Vesey who is a forward makes it any more likely. They simply needed another top 6 guy.

I am an idiot and also hungover. I was thinking about Sjkei lol. Still think BUF is moving a dman though. 

Even if Vesey doesn't become what was hoped for him, I still find this to he a really good move by Buffalo. 

The kid is still on an upward trajectory (albeit a slow one) so a 3rd line guy (at worst) with upside ain't bad for a 3rd round pick in my eyes.  Maybe the change will do him good...

48 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Remember a few years back when Vesey picked teams he want to sign with like he was some big name free agent. No respect for him.

I do.  Tim Murray stupidly traded for his rights.

We've boo'd Vesey every time he came back here ever since.  Awwwkward.....  :lol:

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Even if Vesey doesn't become what was hoped for him, I still find this to he a really good move by Buffalo. 

The kid is still on an upward trajectory (albeit a slow one) so a 3rd line guy (at worst) with upside ain't bad for a 3rd round pick in my eyes.  Maybe the change will do him good...

If the new coach can actually teach him there's another end of the ice to play on, that would sure be a bonus as well.  :lol:

• Haha 1