The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Avalanche trade Tyson Barrie, Alexander Kerfoot, 2020 6th-round pick to Maple Leafs for Nazem Kadri, Calle Rosen, 2020 3rd-round pick

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Kadri at 4.5 for three more years IMO had more value than Nylander at 7 million for 6 more years.  The Leafs should have moved Nylander in this deal.  Did Sakic want him though?  

I'd rather have Kadri if I was Sakic

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Is now not the perfect time to hit Toronto with a big offer sheet?

Love to see a 12 million offer sheet for MM from a for certain playoff team.  Leafs can’t match, and those four firsts will be late round one picks.  :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Trading Nylander for a good defensively minded centre should be what they do.  Unless they think Nylander is going to play #3 centre? 

Knowing the Leafs they'll try him out as goaltender.

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

Leafs will still suck.  When it matters most.  Because they're the Leafs.  They'll find a way.

But seriously - that's a nice recovery from an otherwise difficult recent period for their fans.

Reilly Ceci

Muzzin Barrie

Dermott Harpur

Not bad.    If they were to add Tanev to that right side, then they could be in business imo.

I like Ceci - and Harpur could bounce back as well - although I think they probably may still need to add another depth D - for their 6 spot because Dermott may need more support than Harpur if Harpur does not show signs of the player he was a few years ago. 

Hyman Tavares Marner

Jonsson Matthews Nylander

Petan Spezza Kapanen

Moore Kerfoot Shore

I like that lineup more than the one they just lost in the 1st round with - perhaps with the exception of lacking such a veteran stabilizing presence of Hainsey.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Love to see a 12 million offer sheet for MM from a for certain playoff team.  Leafs can’t match, and those four firsts will be late round one picks.  :lol:

They would have to match. They can’t take 94 points off their roster and still be a playoff team.

Then they would have 7 days to gut all of their depth and fit him in. And I guarantee no teams would be doing them favours.

It would be glorious.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Weird trade for Colorado when sakic seemed to want a crap load from the Canucks for Barrie.

The equivalent trade from us would have been Sutter, a young D not making much, and a pick??

Oh well. Just hope barrie does not sign with TO.

Kadri is much much much much better than Sutter. Bo would be the closer equivalent. Man our fan base. I would say no wonder people are okay with Benning again but blue dragon would or Robb zepp will make some lame comment. Lol

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Kadri is much much much much better than Sutter. Bo would be the closer equivalent. Man our fan base. I would say no wonder people are okay with Benning again but blue dragon would or Robb zepp will make some lame comment. Lol

Bo>>>Kadri

there is no real equivalent Kadri is simply between Bo and Sutter in value... 

• Upvote 1

Surprised the Leafs were able to pull this off...  I guess Colorado was gunshy about paying big money for Barrie next year in free agency.

This is a important upgrade to the Leafs Blueline.

Kadri is a scumbag but a more important player for the Leafs than most realize... when he was suspended, the Leafs energy in the series against Boston died.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Spezza replace Kadri?  :lol:

Nylander is a good offensive 3rd line center. 

Kerfoot is a good defensive center slash winger

Spezza is an alright veteran center 

They might be okay but I would have still explored the Nylander, Kapanen, or Johnson avenues before even thinking about trading kadri.

• Upvote 1

Leafs traded the wrong player... they should have put Nylander on the block.

Kadri is one of the few Leafs who can play with grit.

But I bet the Leafs management do not want to waste that huge Nylander signing bonus by trading him.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Nylander is a good offensive 3rd line center. 

Kerfoot is a good defensive center slash winger

Spezza is an alright veteran center 

They might be okay but I would have still explored the Nylander, Kapanen, or Johnson avenues before even thinking about trading kadri.

Me too.  I think Sakic really wanted Kadri though.  He’s on a 4.5 mil contract for three seasons.  Plus he’s a good centre to play behind Mackinnon.  Maybe Nylander gets traded for a checking centre?  

Cici and Kerfoot are salary arbitration guys who are looking at 5 and 4 million dollar awards.  Cam the Leafs afford that, or do they walk from both those guys?  

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

Leafs traded the wrong player... they should have put Nylander on the block.

Kadri is one of the few Leafs who can play with grit.

But I bet the Leafs management do not want to waste that huge Nylander signing bonus by trading him.

If you’re Sakic, do you want Kadri or Nylander?  

• Upvote 2