The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-20 Utica Comets Thread

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Not much info here on the Utica game so I made the mistake of going to get some info at hfcanuck.

That pompous windbag dbaggoalie just rants on and on and on (I don't read that long winded trash). It makes you want to smother him with a pillow. Thank god that windbag does not post here. He sounds like some old man like cherry but a guy that has never been paid in any way to work in professional hockey.....just thinks he does.  

Good god...

FatGoalie? That guy is a joke. Read a bit of his trash when i was looking for Comets info. Constant whining about centers and defensemen. He griped all off season when they didn't sign TJ Hensick.........TJ %$%ing HENSICK. He thinks he knows more about hockey than the guys who are running operations, just like HFBoards band of Bitter Benning Bashing Bro's. They come out of the woodwork to defend him whenever someone calls him out on his obvious negativity. Guess he's a top contributor with his detailed reports of icings, offsides and mistakes by Comet players.

Here's a good site for AHL boxscores.

https://www.flashscore.ca/team/utica-comets/4OOerzcO/

By the way Rafferty another goal and two assists tonight

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Not much info here on the Utica game so I made the mistake of going to get some info at hfcanuck.

That pompous windbag dbaggoalie just rants on and on and on (I don't read that long winded trash). It makes you want to smother him with a pillow. Thank god that windbag does not post here. He sounds like some old man like cherry but a guy that has never been paid in any way to work in professional hockey.....just thinks he does.  

Good god...

8 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

FatGoalie? That guy is a joke. Read a bit of his trash when i was looking for Comets info. Constant whining about centers and defensemen. He griped all off season when they didn't sign TJ Hensick.........TJ %$%ing HENSICK. He thinks he knows more about hockey than the guys who are running operations, just like HFBoards band of Bitter Benning Bashing Bro's. They come out of the woodwork to defend him whenever someone calls him out on his obvious negativity. Guess he's a top contributor with his detailed reports of icings, offsides and mistakes by Comet players.

Here's a good site for AHL boxscores.

https://www.flashscore.ca/team/utica-comets/4OOerzcO/

By the way Rafferty another goal and two assists tonight

Yes gents..I commented on that wordy fellow, & encountered one or two of his disciples, here on CDC. Rather generous with the lengthy paragraphs, ain't he?

Can only wonder what motivates some folks? Think he dreams of writing for the press, & being paid by the word. Would be a handsome salary.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Good god...

Canucks Army asked for his input a few years ago and mentioned that he was a former professional hockey player.

4 hours ago, mll said:

Canucks Army asked for his input a few years ago and mentioned that he was a former professional hockey player.

That doesn't make his smarmy diatribes any more palatable.

Edit: plus I would have to have evidence to believe that. Right now I don't.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

15 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

That doesn't make his smarmy diatribes any more palatable.

Edit: plus I would have to have evidence to believe that. Right now I don't.

4 hours ago, mll said:

BS, Where's the proof. After writing a record number of sentences and basically an autobiography, he fails to mention when and who he played for or with. Read his disdain for ECHL players, even called them ECHL dolts, no ex pro hockey player would say that unless they were very good and very pompous. Yes, he checks the pompous category but his first names Bad. If he played pro he would have seen time in ECHL with the other 'dolts'. That would make him hypocrite and a terrible teammate.

Final Score:

Utica 4
Rochester 3

1st Period 

No Scoring.

2nd Period

Rochester, Leier 1 (Redmond, Pilut), 3:34 (PP).

Utica, Baertschi 6 (Boucher, Rafferty), 7:12.

Utica, Arseneau 6 (Bailey, Rafferty), 13:50.

Rochester, Gilmour 3 (Dea, Malone), 15:16 (PP).

3rd Period

Utica, Gadjovich 7 (Blujus, LeBlanc), 4:56.

Rochester, Leier 2   6:44 (SH).

Utica, Juolevi 1 (Malone), 18:33

Shots on Goal-Utica 9-5-12-26. Rochester 5-14-7-26.
Power Play Opportunities-Utica 0 / 2; Rochester 2 / 3.
Goalies-Utica, Bachman 0-1-1 (26 shots-23 saves). Rochester, Hammond 10-3-2 (26 shots-22 saves).

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

And the Comets fans were louder than the Amerks fans in their own barn.

Hehe, were you one of those 80 fans who bussed up to the game!? I just finished watching the game, they were loud haha. Great game, felt friggin good, putting down the divisional leader like that. Bachman showing no rust, glad he got some games in.

3 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Hehe, were you one of those 80 fans who bussed up to the game!? I just finished watching the game, they were loud haha. Great game, felt friggin good, putting down the divisional leader like that. Bachman showing no rust, glad he got some games in.

Yep. We had two bus loads all sitting together plus quite a few others sprinkled around the arena that drove separately. Felt sorry for the Amerks fans in our section because we had them outnumbered by a lot and we were loud.

The buses were parked next to the team bus so the group stayed and waited for the players to leave after the game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

Yep. We had two bus loads all sitting together plus quite a few others sprinkled around the arena that drove separately. Felt sorry for the Amerks fans in our section because we had them outnumbered by a lot and we were loud.

The buses were parked next to the team bus so the group stayed and waited for the players to leave after the game.

That’s awesome to see! I love how passionate Utica fans are. What a way to roll into the holidays. Cheers

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

This is a big part of why, along with the short road trips and increased practice time that the team gets by being in Utica, I would rather have them stay there than be moved somewhere out west.

Definitely, there are so many reasons to keep them out east. Less travel time, more practice time, easier travel, an established and passionate fanbase. Our young guys don't need to be exposed to the microscope that the lower mainland can be, they can deal with that if they make the jump. They shouldn't have to put up with the fans and media the way guys who've made the jump do. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1