The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] CDC's Top Ten Canucks Prospects (Day 4)

Rate this topic

Top Ten Prospects  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yo yo yo! 

You've finally found a home for your future #1 goalie on this list! Now the decisions become a little easier, as there are only a few guys left in our A tier for prospects. One of which is Olli Juolevi: Is he a bust at 21? Or finally going to come into his own? Next there's the teeny tiny winger with a thirst to get stronger. Is Hoglander a future Cliff Ronning or Mattias Tedenby? What about Madden or DiPietro? Are they dark horses for this spot? 

CDC's Top Ten Canucks Prospects 

1. Quinn Hughes - 107/120 (89%) 200.gif\
  2. Vasili Puts-goals-in - 62/134 (45%)  200.gif
  3. Thatcher Demko - 75/117 (66%) Image result for demko gif

As usual, if they're eligible for the Calder, then they are eligible for this list. 

Peace out home-dogs! 

Stamkos :canucks:

Hoglander could be a huge steal in this year's draft...but this one goes to Juolevi. This  year will be a very telling year for his future. Likely ends up as a 3/4 with potential to be a 2 for some of his best years.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Hard to believe Demko is still considered a prospect but hes played 10 games total.  Is he really still Calder eligible? 

You have to play 25 games in a season to be ineligible. Sam Steel, who played 22 games for the Ducks last year, will be Calder eligible this year.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Karlsson, Lind, Gadjovich, Rathbone, Lockwood should be options in the top ten

I keep the guys who're likely to get votes in the list. The others who aren’t get swapped around. I put Carson Focht in last time, Palmu in the first time, etc 

9 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Hard to believe Demko is still considered a prospect but hes played 10 games total.  Is he really still Calder eligible? 

9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

You have to play 25 games in a season to be ineligible. Sam Steel, who played 22 games for the Ducks last year, will be Calder eligible this year.

There are three criteria for Calder eligibility:

1. A player cannot have played more than 25 NHL games in any previous season.

2. A player cannot have played 6 or more games in each of any two previous NHL seasons.

3. A player cannot be more than 25 on September 15 just before the season starts.

1 hour ago, Stamkos said:

I keep the guys who're likely to get votes in the list. The others who aren’t get swapped around. I put Carson Focht in last time, Palmu in the first time, etc 

Makes sense, but I think it is time to make Rathbone and LInd fixtures on the list.

One final point. I still don't understand why Juolevi is so strongly favoured over Woo. Or maybe I do understand but I don't agree. Juolevi will likely play on the Canucks this year and Woo probably won't, unless he get a few games late in the year. But Woo was drafted two years later and had a much better draft+1 season than Juolevi (1.06 PPG vs. 0.73 despite playing on a weaker team, was probably slightly better defensively and certainly contributes a lot more to the physical game.)

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The way the options are listed seems to be the way they are going to be ranked. Maybe Chatfield goes ahead of Manukyan.

No, I just put guys in as I think of them. Maybe you can take something subconsciously from that, but nothing was intended from the order. I said that in the day 1 thread, which is in Prospects / In The System

This was a tough one for me. I went with OJ because he is the most likely to play in the bigs this year. I really like Woo though. I think long term he is going to surprise a lot of people. I got to see him play live in the Canada vs Russia series and was very impressed. The kid hits like a truck, skates well and has better hands than advertised. He may take another year or two to develop so he can play at the pro levels but when he gets there we will be very happy about it. Here is to hoping that this is the year OJ steps up and makes a difference 

9 minutes ago, JamesB said:

There are three criteria for Calder eligibility:

1. A player cannot have played more than 25 NHL games in any previous season.

2. A player cannot have played 6 or more games in each of any two previous NHL seasons.

3. A player cannot be more than 25 on September 15 just before the season starts.

Makes sense, but I think it is time to make Rathbone and LInd fixtures on the list.

One final point. I still don't understand why Juolevi is so strongly favoured over Woo. Or maybe I do understand but I don't agree. Juolevi will likely play on the Canucks this year and Woo probably won't, unless he get a few games late in the year. But Woo was drafted two years later and had a much better draft+1 season than Juolevi (1.06 PPG vs. 0.73 despite playing on a weaker team, was probably slightly better defensively and certainly contributes a lot more to the physical game.)

woo can still play in jumior that's why  and he currently playing in the summer junior tournament ,,  and toni uttoneon  , could be ranked right behind woo soon   

3 hours ago, Stamkos said:

Malone nor Manukyan aren't likely to get significant votes until around 15 polls later, you can be sure of that.

Guys like Rathbone and Lockwood will get votes very soon, so for fairness of the poll I think you should definitely have them in soon. Just my 2 cents!

Edited by Grape

I'm going with Hoglander here. I can see why people would go with Juolevi, but I don't think any other fanbase other than ours would choose Juolevi over Hoglander right now.

Essentially I don't think any teams right now would trade late first round value for Juolevi, given his injury last year.

Also VERY surprised to see how little Jett Woo is being voted for. I always like to see how CDC's rankings stack up with HF's. Jett Woo was #4 on their list but only has 2/66 votes here. Same with Hoglander above, I think Jett Woo right now has late first rounder value, and I don't see why so many people are voting for Hoglander instead of Woo, given that they were drafted around the same spot, and Woo just had an incredible year.

Edited by Grape

1 hour ago, Grape said:

I'm going with Hoglander here. I can see why people would go with Juolevi, but I don't think any other fanbase other than ours would choose Juolevi over Hoglander right now.

Essentially I don't think any teams right now would trade late first round value for Juolevi, given his injury last year.

Also VERY surprised to see how little Jett Woo is being voted for. I always like to see how CDC's rankings stack up with HF's. Jett Woo was #4 on their list but only has 2/66 votes here. Same with Hoglander above, I think Jett Woo right now has late first rounder value, and I don't see why so many people are voting for Hoglander instead of Woo, given that they were drafted around the same spot, and Woo just had an incredible year.

I have a feeling it's the "shiny new toy" syndrome.