The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Have you ever been betrayed? Tell us about it.

DarthMelvin

In you life time so far...

Have you ever been betrayed by a Family member, Friend,  Co-Worker or in general? Not looking for anything to deadly but you will know after you read mine. 

How did it affect you?

Did you get revenge?

Or Did you let it Ride (Forgiven or Forgotten)?

TYIA for sharing. 

My First life betrayal.

In grade 8 I was in shop class. There were these electrical extensions hanging from the ceiling. Of course the teacher stated explicitly that no one should ever swing from these extensions WHAT SO EVER~!

And if you know me from these forums...well!

The teacher left the class for some reason and of course... it was my time to shine. I jumped up and ran to the front of the class and came back flying through air grabbing one of the extensions... I swung for one loop and as I came back the cord ripped from the ceiling. I flew backwards to the floor, landing on my side  in the middle of the classroom.  The class filled with gasps, laughter and a few OMGs. I jumped up quick and my buddy was laughing his butt off and told me I was in deep shiz. I knew it too. The cord laid on the floor like a dead snake and I panicked.  I shushed everyone. I grabbed the cord and went to the class window and threw it out then ran back to my seat. 

After a few minutes, which seemed like eternity. One of the girls told me I have tell the teacher. I looked at her with an eye roll and kept my mouth shut. 

Then from the front of the class, one of the girls got up and walked out of the class. It was my crush bro's... MY CRUSH. And she was crushing on me over the summer. and we hung out a few times with other friends.  We went swimming, man hunt, baseball... all the cool stuff that 80s kids would do... A few minutes more passed and it was like the teacher wasn't coming back. But he did.

The teacher popped his head into the class and looked at the ceiling where the extension once hung.  He looked at me dead in my eyes and called me out of class with out a word, but a finger gesture...The class ohh and awwed as I walked to the door. As I got closer to the door the girl came back in...she didn't even look me. My crush was a rat. 

I got sent home for the day along with school clean up for a month. 

So with that... I see a rat I think of her. I see a cord hanging from a ceiling I think of her. I do any type of garbage pick up of the floor I think of her. No not really lol... I laugh about it now... but back then I felt betrayed..I forgave but never forgot. I never said hi to her ever over the years. But I never brought it up either. I think the school knew she was a rat. But I never dug to deep on it. 

What you got?

Edited by DarthMelvin
  • Like 1

I've had friends steal from me for drug money. I've also had friends straight up ghost me and never talk to them again. But I wouldn't count those as betrayals. I have about 3 friends and my girlfriend and I don't really socialize with anybody else, so it's hard to be betrayed if you have nobody to betray you :)

oh yeah my uncle disenfranchised my grandmother so she has never met two of her grandchildren. I have no idea why, I don't know how anybody could do that to their own mother. His wife is a %^&.

My brother needed money to finish a job. Materials, saw blades, gas etc. I knew it was a bad idea, but I felt bad for the people who had already paid him to complete the thing. Also the home owners who just wanted the thing done. Got him to promise and everything that he was going to use the money to finish the job.

He went on a 7 day coke binge about 15 minutes after I gave him the money. I ended up paying someone else to finish the job for him.

Family is the only real thing you got when you’re an alcoholic. Unfortunetly they suffer a lot because of it. I wasn’t exactly betrayed. But without context, this was pretty messed up thing to do.

Edit: I didn’t really answer OP’s questions.

I didn’t do anything about it. No revenge. The only thing I could/can do is try and get him sober. He’s what you call a disfuctional alcoholic.  

Edited by Art Vandelay
  • Upvote 3

On 8/31/2019 at 12:47 PM, Baer. said:

:)

oh yeah my uncle disenfranchised my grandmother so she has never met two of her grandchildren. I have no idea why, I don't know how anybody could do that to their own mother. His wife is a %^&.

Regarding families that shatter/break down

- on the details of elder generations, you might never get an honest account(the straight goods)

- Women or men can be socio/psycho paths & destroy things. A title(Mother, Father, Whomever...) doesn't assure they're a paragon of virtue

- There ARE examples of toxic relationships, that will kill a person eventually(stress, & all it encompasses). Sometimes the only answer is to walk away

I don't know if any of these points pertain to your own situation. Personally I've gone through such a disaster. The best answer was to move on & live abroad.

Have stated it here before, in my family there were suicides, addictions, violence & mendacious manipulation. The best decision I (prob ever) made was to leave in my mid-20's.

I loved Canada, but I would do it all(2 decades in Japan) again..even sooner, if I had a 2nd chance!

• Cheers 1

Couple of years ago in early April a lower ranked collegue told me to call back a potential new client Ellie Phant. After an awkward minute or two the person whom took my call explained they were the zoo and it was indeed the 1st. :angry:

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Regarding families that shatter/break down

- on the details of elder generations, you might never get an honest account(the straight goods)

- Women or men can be socio/psycho paths & destroy things. A title(Mother, Father, Whomever...) doesn't assure they're a paragon of virtue

- There ARE examples of toxic relationships, that will kill a person eventually(stress, & all it encompasses). Sometimes the only answer is to walk away

I don't know if any of these points pertain to your own situation. Personally I've gone through such a disaster. The best answer was to move on & live abroad.

Have stated it here before, in my family there were suicides, addictions, violence & mendacious manipulation. The best decision I (prob ever) made was to leave in my mid-20's.

I loved Canada, but I would do it all(2 decades in Japan) again..even sooner, if I had a 2nd chance!

From what I heard of the situation, it was a stupid reason and his wife encouraged him to do it. I don't agree with it and I've talked to them maybe twice since. When my grandpa died, he declared himself only child. Obviously he is not since he is my uncle, he wanted sole inheritance. I think it's just the person he is. Family never meant anything to him.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

Yeah

They told me they'd hold me a copy of Super Smash Bros. the first day the N64 came out, and when I went to pick up my N64 they "didn't have one on hold" for me. Luckily I managed to get one the next day, but my dreams were nearly shattered.

legit thought you were like 14

• Haha 1

Grade 9 horticulture class, all students each had a row of onions growing, me, I had the biggest freakin' onion in the whole class.

Dam thing made me proud to be a grade 9. until this one day I got to class.

As I proceeded to go weed my row, upon arrival, I could see my onion was gone! Shocked beyond belief, I panicked and began looking around for my onion!

There it was, propped up in another kids row. As I inspected closer I could see the cut roots. There was dried soil pushed haphazardly around the bottom of my onion to disguise it as theirs, I lifted it up and could see the straight cut of the roots. 

Just then the kid came screaming across the garden and raised his hoe, luckily I had my hoe with me, I don't think I've ever seen two hoe's bang together so hard.

(That's something you only see in the movies!) The Japanese teacher Mr Kawasachi  finally intervened and we were never allowed to use hoe's ever again. 

Betrayal Grade 9

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Grade 9 horticulture class, all students each had a row of onions growing, me, I had the biggest freakin' onion in the whole class.

As I proceeded to go weed my row, upon arrival, I could see my onion was gone! Shocked beyond belief, I panicked and began looking around for my onion!

There it was, propped up in another kids row. As I inspected closer I could see the cut roots. There was dried soil pushed haphazardly around the bottom of my onion to disguise it as theirs, I lifted it up and could see the straight cut of the roots. 

Just then the kid came screaming across the garden and raised his hoe, luckily I had my hoe with me, I don't think I've ever seen two hoe's bang together so hard.

(That's something you only see in the movies!) The Japanese teacher Mr Kawasachi  finally intervened and we were never allowed to use hoe's ever again. 

Betrayal Grade 9

so, he was a dirty hoe?

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Betrayal Grade 9

Being so close to your onion being cut like that it must have been hard to hold back the tears.  :rolleyes:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2